espnu

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerfan1303, Feb 26, 2005.

1. tigerfan1303

tigerfan1303 Founding Member

Will this be an additional free channel? I called dishnetwork; and they acted like they did not know what in the world I was talking about?

2. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

sadly, at least for now, ESPNU will not be a basic cable channel and as a matter of fact the only way to catch it in Baton Rouge is through DirecTV (Dish Network won't offer it till summer, Cox Cable won't have it for awhile...)

The bad news about this is that ESPN has moved some of the early NCAA Men's and Women's Tourney games to it, so we may miss some tiger's games. A plus is that they will carry some Basebal Super Regionals in the summer

3. tigerfan1303

tigerfan1303 Founding Member

thanks for the info. I guess I will have to wait until summer

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Bummer! Would you mind sharing where you got the Cox info though? I did some research in january and claled Cox about this. They had someone from their marketing/main office call me. I was told that they were in negotiations with ESPN to carry the new ESPNU channel and hoped to have the deal formalized by the launch date. I doubt it would happen but... Just curious where your info is from. Thanks.

5. Carface

Carface What the...?

We may have to wait a while for ESPNU... As I recall, ESPN and COX were at each other's respective throats over the summer... I want the channel when it launches, dammit.