Ethics question

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBengal, Mar 11, 2003.

1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

If you knew of some NCAA rules violations taking place at LSU like bogus grades would you be able to turn in LSU the school you love so dearly?

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

No I wouldn't. Sorry. If I was a referee and LSU was playing Auburn, you can bet the # of fouls would not be even (even if I was trying to be impartial). I think they should especially look at ties that football referees have to schools because one call (or non-call) can often decide a game. I think there was a Pac-10 or Big-12 game last year where a referee had close ties to the game he was calling and made several questionable calls towards the end of the game.

To answer your question directly, I may try to correct the problem but I would unlikely "turn in" LSU.

3. Hub

Hub Founding Member

ethics, Louisiana? those words don't fit into a sentence together. :D :D

i wouldn't do it b/c every savage tiger fan in the country would be beatin on my door and skull once it came out

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

No. I couldnt do it.

5. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Does a bear shit in the toliet????? HELL NO!!!!!

6. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

No way. Would you turn in any of your friends if you knew they were getting free cable?

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Depends. Depends on how blatant it is and how severe the infraction is. I could care less if an athlete gets a phone card to call home from a booster or a staffer at the athletic department. If, on the other hand, I KNOW that an athlete in my class is gettin' a free pass from the professor simply because he's an athlete, that might tick me off a little, because that's not fair to the other students. I've never seen that happen, though. And if our athletic program is a vile cesspool of corruption like SMU pre-death penalty was, you bet I'm turning us in. LSU is an honorable institution that does not need that kind of stain. We can win without doing all that crap.

Like I've said, nothing is going on that tells me we're dirty though. The Caroline Owen episode was a non-event, and personally, I think it was more her having a personal ax to grind with certain professors and the AD than anything. We learned our lesson after the rape of our men's basketball program. I will say, with confidence, LSU is one of the cleanest athletic departments in the nation. Our rapidly rising graduation rates and pretty clean record since the Lester Earl incident back that claim up.

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

should I ask if you saw Coach Fran making an under the table deal would you turn him in?:D

9. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Hasn't he already done that and gotten away with it?

10. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I've heard rumors of investment groups from south Louisiana hiring top P.I.'s to snoop around TAM...

:D