EVEN in our Darkest hour!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerrunner8, Nov 7, 2010.

1. tigerrunner8

tigerrunner8 Veteran Member

The grass always seems to be greener on the other side, but I'm sure Texas, Florida and Georgia fans would kill to be in the position we are in now. Even when we had our "off" yrs in 08,09 we didn't fall so hard so fast as FLA and the gang. Imagine MACK BROWN and Texas are fighting to be bowl eligible. Tell you what, those who think CLM is an "incompetent goofball are crazy. He took us through the whole Perriloux fiasco and still kept us competitive. We only got blown out by UGA and FLA in that stretch over 2 yrs. Even in Lee's pick six heyday we took #1 Bama to overtime. We are now seeing how difficult it is to break in young QB's with Texas and UGA. CLM has now beaten 3 "big time" SEC coaches , Mullen, Saban, Cryer. Chizik had nothing to do with the AU win. Newton beat us all by his lonesome. I think we are going to make a late run and will play in a BCS game but I think this team should be a favorite for next year especially if PP comes back.:miles:

2. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

The one thing that is harder than getting to the top, is staying at the top. It has been pretty dark at LSU for the last two years with an 8 and 9 win season and numerous quaterback, offense, and defense problems. We did fall down off the mountain top after 2007, but now we are on the brink of another 10+ win season. Looks like we are climbing that mountain again and are almost there. Thank you Coach Miles for NOT GIVING UP!

1 person likes this.
  3. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Don't knock Florida so hard. They have the opportunity next week to do something LSU cannot: win their division.

Yes, LSU will be in a position for a much better record at the end of the year and yes, the East sucks this year, but FL is playing better and could give Auburn a run in the SECCG (who knows, maybe AU will drop their last two games and we win out and sneak in).

4. Herb

Herb Founding Member

The grass may be greener elsewhere, but nowhere does it taste better than in Tiger Stadium!

5. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Yeah, I heard that somewhere....:miles: