F**K Ted Kennedy

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by BB, Jan 27, 2005.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

I have never posted on the free speech forum, but this is beyond belief and I would love to hear from Ted Kennedy's liberal brethren...

THIS MAN IS ANOTHER JANE FONDA - 3 days from a democratic election in Iraq (think about the significance of that) and he is doing everything he can to aid the enemy in the name of partisan politics. F**K Ted Kennedy. F**K all the Kennedys. Here is the article I just read:

Kennedy Calls for Troop Withdrawal in Iraq

January 27, 2005

WASHINGTON (AP) - The American military's continued presence in Iraq is fanning the flames of conflict, and signals the need for a new detailed timeline to bring the troops home, Sen. Edward M. Kennedy said Thursday.

Just three days before the Iraqi people go to the polls to elect a new government, the Massachusetts Democrat said America must give Iraq back to its people rather than continue an occupation that parallels the failed politics of the Vietnam war.

"The U.S. military presence has become part of the problem, not part of the solution," Kennedy said in remarks prepared for delivery at Johns Hopkins University's School of Advanced International Studies. "We need a new plan that sets fair and realistic goals for self-government in Iraq, and works with the Iraqi government on a specific timetable for the honorable homecoming of our forces."

While not the first member of Congress to call for a withdrawal of the troops, Kennedy is the first senator to do so. And his remarks continued what has been a long and blistering assault on the administration's Iraq policies.

Republican National Committee spokesman Brian Jones criticized Kennedy's timing.

"Its remarkable that Sen. Kennedy would deliver such an overtly pessimistic message only days before the Iraqi election," said Jones. "Kennedy's partisan political attack stands in stark contrast to President Bush's vision of spreading freedom around the world."

He has called the war a "fraud made up in Texas," and said the administration misled the people about the threats leading up to the war.

Now, Kennedy said, the United States and the insurgents are both battling for the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people and the U.S. is losing.

"There may well be violence as we disengage militarily from Iraq and Iraq disengages politically from us, but there will be much more violence if we continue our present dangerous and destabilizing course," said Kennedy. "It will not be easy to extricate ourselves from Iraq, but we must begin."

Administration officials have so far declined to discuss a timeline for troop withdrawal, saying the goal is to ensure the Iraqis are capable of maintaining their own security before military forces are scaled back.

Kennedy, who has called Iraq "George Bush's Vietnam," drew parallels between that failed conflict and the current deadly battle against guerrilla insurgents. He said the United States must learn from the mistakes of Vietnam - which he termed a misguided war that carried on too long and was not honestly portrayed by officials to the American people.

Kennedy said the first goal in the current situation should be for the United Nations - not the United States - to convene an international meeting to help the new government take shape and draft a constitution.

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Good for Ted. I agree with him completely. Hold the elections, declare Iraq a new democratic nation, and get the hell out. The Iraqis don't want us there, so we should oblige them.

Ted is clicking on all cylinders this week. He will also introduce a bill that criminalizes government officials paying journalists to spread propaganda, as was the case with Armstrong Williams and Margaret Gallagher. Let's see which Republicans have the nerve to fight such a bill.

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Hey, Look at Kennedy, Boxer and what others are saying and then look and
    see what Joe Lieberman, the Dem that spoke @ the Republican convention,
    Ed Koch.

MOST DEMS and their supporters such as Rex are so far to the left they are about to fall into the ocean.

Ted Kennedy should've also been investigated for his little accident a few years ago, he and his brothers are also responsible for the real Vietnam.

There is definitely a split in the Democratic party, base, etc.
    As long as they act like they do, no way they will be elected in 2008 unless
    the Republicans screw things up.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I am still waiting on the bill that criminalizes Senators who drown women and run from the scene.

That one is about 35 years too late.

5. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Gee, that's original.

I agree that Kennedy should have been punished, but that's irrelevant to the wisdom of his current legislation.

6. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

Wisdom and Ted Kennedy in the same sentence, C'mon rexxy you can do better than that. :dis:

7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

You mean Ted didn't pay Dan Rather?...I thought the libs purchased the media lond ago! :hihi:

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Lip service, man...lip service.

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Not when he keeps bringing up waterboarding in these hearings.
    Everytime I hear him bring up stuff like this I think Damn, the bastard drown
    someone and got away with it!

Thats what U can do if you have a powerful family with money.

I have a question for you Rex and anyone else who wants to chip in.

The Kennedys especially Ted has had everything handed to him on a silver platter, fame and fortune, do U think he would've got elected without the
    Kennedy name.

How could someone like this stay in touch with the common man or know
    how to make law, support various groups when he doesn't have a clue
    on what its like to be poor or how to make his own buck?

10. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

Don't ya just love the way rexxy wants to lead a revolution on anything GW says or does, but all he has to say about a murderer is its irrelevent.:dis: :redface: