Fans left due to the cold weather

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sugarlsu, Nov 29, 2009.

1. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

The girls, who do not dress for the change in the cooler night weather, are the main reason for the empty seats. They were freezing.

2. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

That and the people that use games as a social parade instead of cheering on the team!

3. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I wonder if Big Ten fans have an advantage on SEC fans? When it comes to dealing with the cold?

4. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

They wear jackets?

5. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I was at the Boise St/Nevada game Fri night...in the rain...38 degrees...and 75% stayed the whole game.
    Including my 10 yr old. Daughter. Wearing soaking wet shoes.

Just sayin'.

I'm bettin' a large number of empty seats were reactions to Miles, Crowton, and expectations that LSU would beat Arkansas handily. IMO.

6. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Lol... jackets. You need parkas to deal with the cold up north. They don't sell parkas in the South at most stores.

7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Only guy I talked to with tickets (2-grand season tickets, 50 yard line) said he wasn't going to the game because he figured we would lose, and he even hoped we would lose so we could get more people against Les. But we won and finished the regular season 9-3. Good times.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

it was cold. it wasnt freezing. it was nothing like troy or even ole miss last year cold, or arky two years ago cold. a coat was sufficient. i say that and im VERY cold natured.

when i got back to the hotel i saw a woman who was tellling the desk clerk she and her husband left at half time cause they were cold. (they were lsu fans!) i wanted to sneer or laugh, im not sure which.

and please, dont blame it on the chicks only. fair weather fans come in both sexes.

9. lsutigerfan1976

lsutigerfan1976 Freshman

What is worse then the fans leaving, is being called out every time we play on prime time tv for this.

10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Spent 8 years in Des Moines IA. First Friday we went to High School game. It was about 45 - 50. I would not let my family wear coats, I wanted to fit in with the locals, and figured we would be ridiculed if we showed up in coats.

Got to the stadium and all the locals were bundled up with coats, hats, gloves, etc. My family froze, including me, though I did not admit it.

Can't say much good about northerners, but they did have the sense to dress up to go to football game.

Did not make that mistake again.

Geaux Tigers

hwr