Fans left due to the cold weather

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sugarlsu, Nov 29, 2009.

1. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

..... with close up shots looking for goosebumps?:hihi:

2. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I didn't notice that many empty seats, but I do realize that some people left. A couple of people in our section left at the end of the 3rd Qtr.

I think their are several reasons folks left early-

1.) Lots of people come from out of town and have a 2 hour drive, or longer to get home. We came down from Ruston- 4 hours.

2.) Traffic is a MoFo and so is getting to your vehicle. We parked in BFE.

3.) It was chilly last night and I saw lots of people who weren't prepared. :insane:

4.) It's the Holidays. Folks are spending extra cash on Christmas presents and NOT hotel rooms in Baton Rouge.

5.) Lots of folks are not, and will not ever be, totally supportive of our Head Coach. :huh:

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

yeah, no chit. i thought we played EXTREMELY well on defense. of course mallet looked worse than... jarrett lee out there, but still. that was as hard hitting as i've seen our "D" play. that was also an EXTREMELY BS call on chad jones with the hit to the head. it was close, but there was no way he could have let up. maybe he shouldn't have put his head down, but that's just the way the dude tackles about 90% of the time. that would have likely kept LSU up by another score and prevented the overtime altogether. IMO, of course.

4. lsufan_in_ohio

lsufan_in_ohio East Ascension High '76

The Cold weather is why the Big Ten has their last games the weekend before Thanksgiving. That and the Hoildays......anyway we dress warm for the games and most games are played during the day up here......:geaux:

5. lsufan_in_ohio

lsufan_in_ohio East Ascension High '76

I remeber as a kid going to LSU games and it was in the 30's with the wind blowing. no one left early back than during a close game thats for sure.....what up with people leaving early?

6. boblinfoto

boblinfoto Ohio LSU fan/artist

Ever heard of ordering off the internet? It's amazing what kind of parkas and winter coats you can find--especially this time of year!

Heck, people who live up north would be there in their shirtsleeves.....

7. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

It wasn't that cold last night. It cooled off some around the 3rd quarter but not really cold. It really sucks that people leave early. It seems like those fans just have something better to do. The cold is a weak excuse, dress better...

8. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Well, I was impressed that the place was basically full when I got there. I wasn't expecting that. I saw some of the ESPN replay and the announcers noted it as well because they said they didn't think the stadium would be that full. I was thinking a decent number of people wouldn't show because of the feelings from last week, the holiday weekend and the cool weather. But it was a big crowd.

I find that the Arkansas game always has the biggest amount of people who you don't normally see at games. A good number of people give their tickets to other people because it's a holiday weekend and they're traveling, etc. So those people aren't as likely to stay the whole time. I saw a decent number of people with kids leaving. Most of the people that were leaving were on the West side and East side. The North and the South were pretty full.

There are always some people that leave any time it gets a little chilly and it definitely got chilly for me in the 2nd quarter (I'm a wimp though...but always stay). And there seem to be number of people that always come and leave after the 3rd or after a few minutes in the 4th.

That never really makes that much sense to me. It's like going to a good movie and staying until there's about 15 minutes left in the movie. What's the point? If you miss the ending, it's kind of stupid...unless it's well in hand, etc. What, you're gonna save yourself an hour or so of sleep or sitting in traffic?

I was surprised at the number of people that left too, but it was loud for those that stayed and it was a great ending.

When I was watching the replay, it was really loud on TV. It sounded great. The announces noted those that had left, but talked about the crowd getting loud as well.

9. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

No you dont. I live in Indy and I dont own a parka.

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I have to be up in Indy in a few weeks, I'm bringing this very heavy, very thick trench-coat looking thing I have. It's never gotten cold enough in the South for me to have to wear it... but I've worn in a few times in the Midwest and still froze... even with long johns, flannel shirts, sweaters, etc. underneath it. What do you wear to deal with the sub-freezing weather up there? I was watching the Backyard Brawl between Pitt and WVU, and it was 33 degrees at that game. As for Baton Rouge yesterday, I was there in just a sweater, and I wasn't cold. It was only like 64 degrees last I checked.