Fisher article on ESPN

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tiger_in_atl, Nov 10, 2003.

1. tiger_in_atl

tiger_in_atl Freshman

2. tiger_will

tiger_will Founding Member

dude.............this is an old story................anyway we all knew this sh*t was coming man.............he is an awesome coach who has desires to become the main man

3. tiger_in_atl

tiger_in_atl Freshman

it's an old story to those of us that follow LSU, but this is the first time it's received national media attention.
    i was hoping he'd stick around to develop russell but that doesn't look likely.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Check old posts....There was a big post last last week( i think) all about this...

5. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Don't worry about it tiger_in_atl. Not everyone can or does visit everyday so there are some people who may have not seen it.

I hope Fisher doesn't go anytime soon but it's good to know we have such a great coach in Saban that he'll bring in a great replacement should coach Fisher move on.

6. tigerintn

tigerintn Founding Member

This is good news. This is the type of program we want. How many GOOD assistant coaches will now want to come to LSU. Saban will have them taking a number.

Good for Fisher, he deserves it.

7. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

When was the last time we had an assistant leave to take a head coaching job? I honestly cannot remember a single one, and I don't count Archer taking over for Arnsparger. ... Or Lynn Amedee returning to the head coaching ranks in high school. You're right, tigerintn, this is the kind of program we want. Plus, the interest in Fisher signals to other assistants that LSU and Saban's system is a great training ground and launching pad for a head coaching career. Regardless of what happens for Jimbo, this is a positive sign for LSU.