Florida defensive end Jarvis Moss, comments on the Buckeyes

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by www.six3.us, Jan 9, 2007.

1. www.six3.us

www.six3.us Founding Member

About playing Ohio St...

"Honestly, we've played a lot better teams than them. I could name four or five teams in the SEC that could probably compete with them and play the same type of game we did against them." -- Florida defensive end Jarvis Moss

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Last night's thrashing was exactly why we need to root for SEC teams to win championships.

Until we get something closer to a real playoff, we need to pump up the SEC's rep as the toughest conference in America every chance we get. That way, we lessen the chance of there EVER, EVER being an undefeated or 1-loss SEC champ on the outside looking in of the championship game.

Nearly without exception, every time the SEC gets its shot, it delivers. Again and again and again...

Since 1992, that's (Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, LSU, Florida) 5 SEC titles in 15 or so seasons.

Add in the number of years, like this one, in which you also had an SEC school finish in the top 3-4 of the final poll and...wow, how can there be a question as to what is the best conference in America?

3. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

I was loving it at the end of the game how all the Florida players kept saying, we have SEC speed. We play in the best conference in the country. I dont remember which player, but someone gave props to LSU. I always pull for the SEC teams until they play LSU. No matter how hated in conference each win out of conference makes LSU and the confernece as a whole look better.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I hate Fla, but gotta tip my hat to them. They promoted and represented the conference well.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member