Flying in from Calif-Taking my 12 yr old daughter 1st visit to Tiger stadium-Help!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Nov 16, 2004.

1. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

Guys, my 12 year old has waited 4 years since I took her brother for his first visit to Tiger stadium.

I really want to buy tickets ahead of time. Do you think it will be any problem buying tickets at the stadium say a couple of hours before kickoff? We are planning on getting there by about 2 pm on Saturday.

Ideally I'd like to sit in the North End Zone close to the student section so she can get the full effect of Tiger stadium when it's rocking...

Any advice would be appreciated.

WC Tiger

Ed

2. Guzzlingil

Guzzlingil Founding Member

Tickets......

were available in abundance for Bama...the same should apply for Ole Myth.

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

What a great dad !

4. setx-tiger

setx-tiger Freshman

if you let ticket sellers know you are from out of state and this will be your first game, they may even give you a pair!

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Plenty tickets at every game. You should just wait outside the gate. No need to pay more than face on ebay or broker. :)

6. WestCoastTiger

Thanks. I appreciate the info. :)

7. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I have a neighbor down the street who is working in Florida and has season tickets. If he is not coming back for the game I'll see if he will let them go. I'll try to find out today and post here.

8. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

I picked up two outside the stadium for face value about an hour and a half before kickoff for Bama. But I was worried for a while because I was seeing a lot more fingers than tickets in the air. And when I did see tickets, everyone was asking for a lot more than face value! Finally, as I was trying to talk a guy down who wanted $100 for the pair, my 13 year old son, who has only been to one game before (and that was 6 years ago), gave the guy a really sad look and begged him to sell them to his dad for face value, since we had come all the way from Houston and he REALLY wanted to see the Tigers play! It got to the guy, and he agreed. This was immediately after the guy had refused to budge from the $100 asking price for another guy.

So, WestcoastTiger, you will certainly be able to pick up a couple and you should be able to get a good price - probably less than face. Just coach your daughter as to what to say and expressions to make beforehand! I think I will take my daughter to the Auburn game next year!

:geaux:

:eek:lefire:

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you will find tickets. If you can find them an hour before the sugarbowl/superbowl/world series any event i have ever been then no worries.

Face value at worst. Be sure to get there quite a few hours beforehand to scout out the place.

10. WestCoastTiger

Thanks, Spring for the advice. I just got back to Southern Calif after being on a business trip this week. It looks like we will try to get tickets outside the stadium if we can't pick them up before hand....Ed