For all the Jarrett Lee haters

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GregLSU, Nov 24, 2008.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I know everyone thought that RP was going to be the savior of the Tigers this season, but didn't pan out when the dunce couldn't get his act together... so we were left with a messy QB situation. But look at the numbers and see the comparison between Perriloux and Lee this season, and i'll add here... Perrilouxs' success against far lesser oppenants compared to Lees' against a mightier SEC schedule. While it's obvious Lee needs some more time to mature, I think Lee fared about as well as could be expected and might have even done better for us then Perriloux could have. Things could always be worse in Tiger Land.

Ryan Perriloux- Jacksonville St. (Div.I-AA)

Season: 2008
    CMP: 187
    ATT: 297
    YDS: 2318
    CMP%: 63.0
    YPA: 7.81
    LNG: 66
    TD: 19
    INTS: 13
    Sacks: 23

Jarret Lee- LSU (Div.I)

Season: 2008
    CMP: 143
    ATT: 269
    YDS: 1873
    CMP%: 53.2
    YPA: 6.96
    LNG: 66
    TD: 14
    INTS: 16
    Sacks: 8

2. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Stat missing.............effect that multiple int returned for TD's has had
    on the rest of the team. It is significant IMO.:geaux:

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Jarett Lee also has terrance tolliver, demetrius byrd, brandon lafell, richard dixon, charles scott, keiland williams, richard murphy, etc etc etc.

although the wr's havent helped out much with all the drops this year.

4. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

Just a small oversight. :)

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I understand that... but the quality of opposing defenses is also a huge factor that Perriloux isn't facing... and add in the fact that those numbers reflect the 11 full games Perriloux has started vs. the number of games Lee has... imo, regardless of the pick 6's (and yes those had impact) Lee still played better than Perriloux.
    And for the record, there's been an over abundance of dropped passes that have hit our recievers in the hands that were dropped or deflected up either causing INTs or stalled drives. There were several passes dropped saturday against Ole Miss that were either TD's or major field position changing throws.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think the main thing is that Jarrett Lee does NOT fit into the style of offense that Gary Crowton runs. In order for our offense to flourish we need a mobile quarterback that is also a threat in the passing game. Look, i like Jarrett Lee, i think the kid is talented, and i like the fact that he seems to be able to take alot of **** from the fans. He just isnt the right guy for this offense.

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Well GC isn't exactly the Offensive genious everyone thinks he is. I've got a buddy who's a die hard Ducks fan and a season ticket holder up there. GC wasn't exactly liked too much because of his offensive play calling predictability. They actually cheered when he left for LSU. Not saying he's an idiot either, but maybe what we need is someone to help mold and shape these kids... as i've said, yes Lee has had problems, but I think the expectations were set a little high for him when he was thrown to the wolves. But being boo'd by your own fans in your own stadium is too much... he doesn't deserve it, and i'm sure he has the drive to win. I still think Lee has more of a place on this team then Hatch.

8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

I'll see your apple and raise you an orange...:rolleye33:

9. Carface

Carface What the...?

:insane:

10. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I think Parrylox would have been able to "run away" from many problems
    that JL could not get away from if he tried. I would have never thought
    JL was such a poor runner. IMO, in these days of relentess QB pressure it does not make sense to recruit a QB that can't AT LEAST get away from someone in a wheelchair. There have been many dropped passes but I saw interstate size holes open up that "Mini Me" would have got 20 yards
    if he chose to run.:geaux: