For anyone who knows about Miles' offensive philosophy...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, May 22, 2005.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Does he believe in the option? I know Saban didnt, and I think the option is an integral part of college football. In 2k3, Fisher showed hints of some spread option with a passing element mixed in.. I'd like to see more of that..

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Don't know if this is a sign of his philosophy, or just coincidence, but at OSU last year, Miles' QB, Donovan Woods, rushed for 436 yards on 123 carries and 10 TD's.

Woods was also 2nd in the Big XII in passing efficiency with a rating of 147 (threw for over 1,600 yards).

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I've heard he likes the dual threat QBs and it makes sense to utilize the legs of an RP type player. I don't think we'll see Russell running too much though. Tailor the offense to the player like Fisher did with Ro (no option/option draw) and Mauck/Randall (options to keep D off balance).

4. Carface

Carface What the...?

Miles was on the Lee Feinswog here in Baton Rouge a while back. He was talking about introducing the simple options.. then later going to the more intricate ones... I think.

5. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

I was about to type a response similar to this. But then I saw that you already did it for me.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I think the Option is a big part of why he got Perrilloux. I'm sure Miles saw that JaMarcus isn't a rusher & while Flynn can be elusive, he probably isn't an option type QB. That's why he went after Perrilloux so hard & also probably why he got him. I imagine he told Perrilloux that his running ability would allow him to do some option plays etc. (which would seperate him from the other QBs) and used that to help recruit him.

7. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

It look like JaMarcus will be the starting QB next season & he does not suite to run the option offense. I do not know why you guy bring up the subject since it is irrevelant to the offense that we will run next year (unless MF or RP is a starter).

LSU offense next season is the last thing that I'm worried about. It would be nice to see JaMarcus runs more shotgun formation since he is unstopable in 2 mins offense.

8. Geekboy

Geekboy Founding Member

Ryan on the bench alone will make JaMarcus a better player or not. If Russell doesn't get it together from the get go Ryan will be starting by game four.

9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

While not perfect for it, JR can definately run the option. I dont think it will be featured with him, but I was just wondering if we would see it at all. If Saban had let Fisher run the option last year with MR, then I think LSU's offense would have been much more dangerous.

10. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

I agree with you on the first part; However, if Ryan will be starting QB by game four then we are in serious trouble.