For those planning on attending the spring scrimmage

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Mar 31, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Per Skip:

SPRING FOOTBALL SCRIMMAGE

I hope you will come out to preview Les Miles' first football squad when we host the LSU Football Spring Scrimmage on Saturday, April 16, at 11:30 a.m. in Tiger Stadium. Tickets are on sale now for $5, and will cost $10 on the day of the scrimmage.

Please be aware that this is a scrimmage and not a game, but it will give you a great opportunity to have fun, tailgate and see your Tigers in action. Because of the renovation projects in the stadium, all seating will be in the north end zone of Tiger Stadium.
    We welcome your comments, so write to us at [email protected]. Although we cannot promise a response to every e-mail we receive, please be assured that every letter will be read. Thank you for your continued support of Tiger Athletics.

2. Carface

Carface What the...?

Why can't they just seat everyone on the east side like they did last year?

3. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

I noticed that the LSU spring game will just be a scrimmage and not a game. Auburn went to that format a few years ago and I don't care for it. I would rather divide up and play a game, 1st string defense/2nd string offense vs. 2nd string defense/1st string offense. If you really want to look at some players with a particular squad, switch some players around at halftime.

What would you guys rather see?

On another note, are y'all adding more seats to Death Valley? What will the new capacity be if so?

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

CarFace, the East side will be undergoing construction also as they are putting new chairs on the sideline seats.

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I don't see the point in having THREE scrimmages a year. We have the annual scrimmages with MSU and Auburn, so it seems redundant to have an internal one too.

6. Carface

Carface What the...?

Ah, thanks for that. I thought the updates were exclusive to the west side.

As for the scrimmage, Coach Miles explained on Buddy Songy that he wants to do a scrimmage instead of a game because in a game you might not get to practice all the scenarious that you want to. He wants to cover all the bases.

7. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

The capacity is only going to increase by a couple hundred or so seats. This is mainly being done to add "Club" seating from around 900 to roughly 3,000 & build a new press box. The press box will take away from some of the seating of the old upper deck. They are making both upper's symmetrical in case they ever want to enclose another endzone(which would probably add about 15K). I don't think they need to do that because we can't even sellout the stadium for the 2-3 cupcakes we normally bring in. JMO.