Fox Sports Article about #4 LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by paducahmichael, Oct 15, 2007.

1. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

In part, it states:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7334164

:eek:ldskule:

2. edyel

edyel edyel

Thats pretty much the way I see it. It really can be done. :geauxtige

3. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

Our 2 biggest obstacles is penalty free football and correcting the dropped passes. I hope Duecett is back in this week.

4. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Still doable. I still have faith we can do it. :geauxtige

5. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Same here. Rarely is there a chance to COMPLETELY erase what happened. Win out and Kentucky can brag about beating the champs. Fine by me. We need to get pumped.:thumb:

6. edyel

edyel edyel

I'm PUMPED!!!!!!!!!

7. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

The way I see it is the biggest obstacle the Tigers have are themselves.

:helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet:

8. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

You're very correct. The past three games have seen LSU trending in a negative direction in key areas--how about those 34 penalties, eh?---and it's really up to them to perform better.

Given where we are in the season and what we've seen to date, Auburn has me more concerned than any team we've met this season. They're improving and playing more disciplined football, while LSU is heading the other way. While LSU fans focus on 12-1, Auburn fans are squarely focused on seizing the SEC West by the throat w/ a win on Saturday.

Hope the guys have the will and fortitude to take care of business on Saturday.

9. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

I think we are going to see a completely different team than we have seen the past few weeks. Here is the reason I think this way.

This group of guys as a TEAM had never lost until Saturday. I'm remembering from my playing days that the week after a win is all positive. Even if the win wasn't "impressive" or the team didn't perform like everyone thought they should have everyone was still positive. Team meetings are positive, coaches have a good attitude, players are usually relaxed, friends, teachers, and people on campus are all positive after a win.

The week after a loss is a completely different animal especially after the first loss of the season. It's almost like the "personality" of the team changes after a loss. The first part of the week the mood in team meetings and practice is probably going to be somber. Players are thinking what role they had in the loss. They're thinking to themselves,what did I do, or not do that contributed to the loss. Coaches are thinking to themselves, could I have prepared better or taught something to my kids that may have made a difference. Coaches that are usually joking around at practice or meetings are suddenly quite serious and focused and the players pick up on the change. The feeling after a loss is like a gut punch. You just feel this empty pit in your stomach. I'm very sure that these feelings are amplified a thousand times in a major college program that is ranked number one in the nation.

As a player and a coach you want to fill that empty feeling with something. What follows to fill that empty feeling, usually about mid week is anger. Everyone turns it up a notch in practice. That anger has to focus somewhere so during the first few days after practice it is focused on the player, from your own team, lined up across from you. This can make for very intense practices. Your not mad at your team-mate but the anger has to be focused somewhere. Now usually later in the week that anger gets focused on your next opponent. After a loss, especially if your a part of a program that is used to winning, the team as a whole is much more focused.
    You know as a player that whatever you did in that loss, a missed assignment, a missed block, a missed tackle, a missed catch; it ain't gonna happen in this game. That anger that was focused on your team-mate is now focused on the player in the other colored jersey.

I think we are going to see a controlled, intense, anger in this team on Saturday. The focus of that anger is going to be the Auburn tigers.

10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Ding Ding!:thumb: