Foxsports reports Brandon Bass may have signed with an agent

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by poli, Jun 12, 2004.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

2. max

max Founding Member

I don't think it is greedy. I am middle class, but if I had the opportunity to got to the NBA, I would as soon as possible. He should wait if he will make more money but that would be the only reason. Greed is not a factor. Why live like a pauper while playing basketball when you can be a millionaire playing basketball. And don't give me nonsense about the college experience that he's missing. A year gives him some college experience and if he wants more, he can always go back after the NBA. All these PC ESPN guys always bemoan the fact that young black kids will miss out on the college experience to go to the NBA. You never hear them worry about the kid who doesn't go to college to join the military or become a plumber or even do nothing. It is silly. The truth is they are just protecting college basketball. I agree about waiting if you're market value is going to go up significantly but that would be the only case.

3. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

His greed is making him think that he will be in the top 20 picks.

Perhaps his greed made him sign with an agent.

What other plausible reason could make this guy THAT DELUSIONAL??????

HE WANTS IT AND HE WANTS IT NOW!!!!!!

In my book that's GREED!!!!!!!

4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

What about the guys that come out of high school or college early and just disappear? Who cares about THOSE guys??? You're going to tell me that staying in school, perhaps getting a free education and a degree, while at the same time improving their skills to make more (or any) money when they finally ARE mature enough to turn pro is a bad thing?

My issue here is that there are FAR too many young guys getting bad advice these days and taking it, neglecting the chance to get better AND get a free education in the process. For every LeBron James there are plenty of other young college and high school athletes who end up flat on their faces.
    It's not about the kids who have to go in the military, become a plumber, etc. etc. It's about the kids whose God-given talent will get them a FREE college education. Last time I checked college educations aren't cheap, and employers still pay more money to people who are degreed than those that aren't. You could call it a back-up plan in case of injury, after your career.

That's because the pressure put on them by friends, family, agents, and in some cases, the public to turn pro WAY ahead of their time to make "THE BIG BUCKS", which they don't even get most of the time.

The Brandon Bass & Glenn Davis situations are a perfect example of that.

It's a big freakin' joke.

And IT IS a direct function of delusional GREED by all concerned.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

you act like greed is bad, but i went to lsu so that i could go pro in something. i would have surely left early if i had a job offer that paid millions. am i greedy?

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

why dont they go back to school and pay like i did? am i supposed to be sad they no longer have free college? i never had free college, be sad for me. except be extra sad because i never had the talent to play basketball in college either.

7. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

The league minimum in the NBA is $380K for a rookie. Youæ±*e either DELUSIONAL or lying if you can sit there and tell us that you would stay in college. Thatç—´ not greed that capitalism. Letç—´ see I can stay in school and make $0 or I can go to the NBA and make $380K at worst.

8. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

Exactly!!!

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

yeah and if you are a huge bust you can play in the nbdl and come back to school. i bet that is fun. i would love to play in a basketball league and ride a bus around playing other teams, then return to school. that would be fun.

no one is wrong or greedy. it may be a mistake to lose a college scholarship, but lots of people dont get free college. i dont whine to people who lose academic scholarships through their own mistakes.

10. poli

poli Founding Member

Brandon Bass had a team high 14 points, 8 rebounds, and 0 turnovers in game #3 Saturday at the NBA Draft Camp in Chicago. He had 11 points in game #2 and 6 points in game #1 in 20 minutes of play in each.

Originally he planned to make a decision on June 11, 2004 but has now indicated that he has been invited to work out for five more NBA teams later this week and then make a decision as to what he will do. He was quoted as saying that "I will go wherever the NBA wants me to go."

On a side note: Jamie Lloreda had 2pts (game 1), 5pts (game 2), and 10pts (game 3) and only 1 turnover in all three games combined in only 20 minutes of play.
    Chris Duhon out of Slidell averaged 4.7 pts for all three games but had a combined 10 turnovers. His performance was abysmal.