Franchione's exchange with Saban after the game.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUAthletics, Nov 18, 2002.

1. LSUAthletics

LSUAthletics Founding Member

Did anyone see this on Channel 9?

Franchione had a few choice words and pointed his finger toward Saban when the two coaches met on the field after the game was over.(Caught Saban completely off guard.) Apparently Franchione is upset over rumors that were spread over the internet.(The fake letter where Saban calls Bama a cheating school?) I think Franchione made an ass out of himself.(The exchange was taped.) Why on earth would the man believe that letter was true? Is there something more to this? Any Bama fans care to comment?

I respect Bama for coming to LSU and dominating us in every aspect of the game. They probably could have beat Miami that night. I just don't understand Franchione's behavior after the game.

2. BamaBaby

BamaBaby Freshman

Just my Opinion but

Coach Fran has shown nothing but respect with regard to the other coaches he's faced. If it was about that "UK postgame report" that made the message boards then maybe that poster should have apologized to Coach Fran as well as Coach Saban and owned up to it. Or maybe Coach Fran and Coach Saban know something about it we don't - I've heard from a few Tiger fans that didn't doubt the validity of the post. We all represent our schools, how well is up to us. Since I've been lurking I've seen enough references to our having the "best team money can buy" and "cheating our way to a win" on THIS board than the current BAMA team or coaches deserves... this team and this staff had nothing to do with the problems they are just paying the price, yet some RABID DOGS won't let go -

Think about it - That post was intended to incite, well it did. It was from a LSU board (one of the most reputable is my understanding) originally then was deleted (not retracted, not disputed, just deleted) but not before it could be passed around. What I find funny is that the original "post" is to be disregarded as Internet foder while at the same time we're supposed to take the follow-up apology "post" as gospel?? So we're simply to take this persons word it was 100% fiction after he went through so much trouble to post the first one? See any irony there? Another thing, Coach Fran would not take a message board post as truth, he'd have had it checked out before reacting in any way to it. He doesn't like message boards for just this reason. They only spread distention, rumor and innuendo. Need proof of his feelings, look around the 'net. For a fact I know he'd have had some kind of alternate verification before simply "believing" it.

As to the posts I've read here about running up the score well hmmmmm... what would you call the 2001 game in our house? Last season our team burned out in the 4th quarter. This year they vowed to each other to play for 4 quarters, and they do. If the roles were reversed and that stats from 2001 were in our books not yours, do you not think your team would have remembered that in their next meeting? Do you not think they would have done everything in their power to right that Homecoming loss?

I guess I'm different because I do try and see things through both sides... I don't just sit and react to things said and done, I try and think my thoughts through and weigh what those thoughts may do before I go posting them.

JMHO

3. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

i dont really care either way..but..bama baby...the guy who wrote it came forward and apologized..and yes..he did apolgize to Saban. its just that nobody wanted to print that..hmm

if you want a copy of the apology...i can get it for you...you can even email him if ya need to.

Saban even went on record to say that he was apologized to.

4. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

yeah, i see

ill say this...GeauxTiger has always been credible. i dont know him personally, but ive read many of his posts.

the reason the writer never apologized to bama is bc..well..i dont think he cared. just like many people trash talk and not apologize...he didnt apologize for his trash talking. i think he only apologized to Saban because he hurt Saban's charector.

5. BamaBaby

BamaBaby Freshman

he called Coaches and Players NOT involved in our PAST problems cheaters - that's not trashing charecter? He called Tyler out by name... and Saban knew all of this when he went on Finebaum.

Like I said, they know whats really behind this, we don't -

I'm off the subject

Better get Saint a pint or two, I think he'll need it before the night is over, LMAO

6. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

no, see...

all it was...was trash talk. just like every other 'trash talk' on pretty much every board (this board seems to have less which is nice)...my point is...he meant to talk bad about the bama program, but didnt really expect for it to get so big that it would ever...well..do what it did.

see...if i were to trash bamas program right now...why would i apologize later? i dont know if you get what im saying...im a journalism school drop out bc my writing skills umm.."blow"...heh..i have a good imagination, but cant seem to put it in words...oh well...ill just stick to 'learnin' to be a coach

ya know...everything about this whole mess sucks...and i dont care either way. i dont care which coach is classless or who is the saint....im just gonna avoid all the negatives...show up for the games...yell loud..stay till the end...smile and keep on movin on. :cool:

have fun everybody

ps..i hope i dont sound like a hippie

7. Dixie Darlin

Dixie Darlin Founding Member

Nobody will ever know exactly what was said and what was not, therefore it is foolish to continue to debate something when all the facts are unknown!

8. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

Sounds like a load of bunk to me!

Does somebody have a link ot this "taped" confrontation? Sounds like one or two people here have seen it, but the rest of us have not, and we cannot provide a reasonable reply without seeing what transpired first anyway.

I suspect there was much less confrontation than is being claimed by the few new Fran-haters here, but will see when I have seen what actually transpired...sounds to me like some of you are looking to return the favor of starting controversy over a coach on the Internet like the Saban speech did!

9. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

WRONG AGAIN Tigger, the apology was posted on tidefans by Red55 several days before the game and the thread got plenty of positive replies that we didn't believe it in the first place. It was also addressed on Crimson Tradition as a hoax and they even have Coach Saban's REAL speach posted there. The Gumps, as you call us, are smarter than you think. Just remember Forrest Gump was successful in everything he did so it's not as big of a slur as you think. LOL

10. Skrayper

Skrayper Founding Member

Yea, ALMOST as scared as LSU is of Franchione.