Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Friday Night Tykes

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by mancha, Jan 24, 2014.

1. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Anybody watch it? It started this week. The media is up in arms about how these kids are treated in old San Antonio.

I think that if you are allowed to terminate a life in the womb then you also have the right to put your kid in a select football program at the tender age of 8 so the media can suck it. That shot aside, I don't think it is necessary or very beneficial at all. I see football as a sport based on size, speed, and athletic ability. Those things are natural and football really doesn't need to be developed at a young age unlike sports such as soccer, basketball, or baseball. My son's Jr. High coaches actually liked the kids who didn't play football previously because they could coach them the 'right' way and not have to coach the bad habits out of them first. Put a kid who has not played one of the other sports on a sport surface for the first time at 12 years old and they are freaking lost. Football isn't like that.

I watched it with my boy and we both had a laugh. Not even his Jr. High coaches are as wound up as these 8 year old coaches. Maybe it is because they are not living the past through these kids or whatever. Anyway, we are going to stick with it.