Friendly competitive jabs???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 7, 2011.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Hall of Famer Jim Brown leaves LSU head coach Les Miles and others breathless | College Sports News | Sports News | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News

Damn I'm pumped.... Let's do this... :LSU231: :LSU231: :geauxtige

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

R Kansas

3. LaSalleAve

Kind of hard to butcher A&M.

1 person likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

But not hard to give them extra incentive as it did when DMac brought dat wood.

Think Miles' hardheaded azz would've learned to keep his trap shut by now.

Juggernauts.

5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I hate to break it to ya tiga, but Ar-Kansas would have won that game either way.. It wasn't Miles' comments that caused our defense to line up 10 yards off the ball when they were in the red zone at the end of the game..

As a matter of fact, I don't really think you can attribute any of Miles' losses to giving the other team locker-room material... maybe it's just me. I see nothing wrong with what he said in this instance. When you're 62-17 you can talk a little smack sometimes. He was classy about it.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

^

IF anything, this will be a close match up, but I feel that the long layoff helps LSU, who was out of rhythm and hurts A&M, who was gaining rhythm.

While teams can always prepare a game plan around our players and scheme, they can never prepare for the MAD HATTER!!!!!!!
    :milesmic:

7. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

You should see DMac's post game interview and tell us he didn't play with an extra motivation. It showed during the game.

8. Swerved

I have seen it. My point is, nobody can say for sure that anything would have turned out any different otherwise. McFadden was an extremely talented and explosive player and played balls to the wall in every game, and Ar-Kansas always plays LSU hard. To say that they won because of "extra motivation" cannot be proven, in my opinion. Not to mention, it's not like DMac would have acted the same post-game had they lost... Hindsight is always 20/20.

9. LaSalleAve

Dmac did alot but in the end it was Peyton Hillis that killed us. Not DMac.

10. Swerved

I dunno...One could argue to the contrary.. DMac had 206 yards rushing (and 34 passing). Hillis had 89 rushing and 62 receiving.. of course, some of that yardage was on key plays so we agree there, but DMac was playing well like he pretty much normally did. I'm just saying we can't prove he wouldn't have played well otherwise.