Game 2: Coastal Carolina vs LSU on ESPNU, WatchESPN

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Jun 12, 2016.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I let him swing. A base hit changes things dramatically. I hate the bunt. I'd outlaw it if I could

2. shane0911

Yes it worked. Only because they fouled it up. In the end, a base hit works a lot better than than a highlight reel of him getting flipped over.

No bunts ever

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

choked is my guess.
    he didn't check the runner at three, had plenty time to get the guy at 2, then floated an ugly duck to one.
    weird.

4. shane0911

Ok, maybe not outlaw, but I'd make it so that teams were only allowed like 3 bunts per season, post season as well. It's such a shit play.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

not really.

if you don't bunt, lots of things can (and odds say WILL) happen that are worse than having 2 in scoring position with your emotional leader followed by hottest hitters due up.

6. shane0911

You guys are immersed in traditional baseball logic. "The book says this is what you do here" fuck that. Bunt is what you do when a pitcher comes up in one of those spots.

Swing the fucking bat. That is what you are up there to do.

7. shane0911

And you both know this has been my logic for many years, nothing new.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

He effectively got a basehit you idiot so it was no outs runners on 1/3 and a run in which tied the damn game.

Please ban yourself from baseball discussions.
    Immersed? I read moneyball long before most knew what it was. It was my favorite book for some time. Im the one who called out bayoubengal here letting him know the bunt is sacrilege. But this was definitely the time for one. AND IT WORKED without giving up an out.

9. shane0911

Ok tard, yes, it worked. Because of a terrible throw. That doesn't always work out that way.

Did it work? Yes, all I'm saying is I let him swing. The chances of him getting 2 bases are the same as him getting 1 with a bunt, maybe better.

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

apparently you have been reading baseball threads until now. I'm not a fan of the sac bunt and hate giving up outs.

but when you have a team that for 2 straight nights has been unable to effectively hit behind runners to move them over, and the only 2 clutch hitters on the entire roster due waiting on deck, you gotta bunt.

then all you need is a medium deep fly to tie the game.

had we been executing in clutch situations all series I might think differently, but the way the weekend went it's the only choice right there.

because of a great bunt and Fraley's speed it forced a bad throw and scored us a run.

it was the right move and it worked.