Game thoughts

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerdoc88, Mar 8, 2003.

1. tigerdoc88

tigerdoc88 Founding Member

That was the most fun that I've had at a game in a long time. Even though they got on my nerves, it was cool that there was a little section of Alabama people there. Of course, it was really fun to chant "NIT,NIT" at them after the game. That was one of the most poorly officiated games that I have seen in a long time. Gottifried did just as much, if not more complaining than Brady and Brady got a T. They let people get away with murder under the basket and then called several cheap hand-check fouls. Then, they completely blew several out of bounds calls. Enough griping, we won. Jaime played a great game. He totally dominated Dudley on both ends. Darrel shot really well. I have to admit, Winston is a heck of a player. I was really impressed with him. Now I can't wait for the tournament.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

There were some obvious missed fouls going both ways. I feel the T on Brady was a bit quick. I have seen Brady go just as nuts and the ref never bats an eye.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I played golf this morning and I had no choice but to accomplish some "honey-dos" outside this afternoon. I had the truck radio blaring the game and it was a most enjoyable afternoon. And...I got the new shutters up.

4. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

fantastic game. Alot of heart and internal fortitude from these players have brought us back to the NCAA. The T was a joke. Clocherty needs to go get his Social Security check. That was purely trying to show up our coach. Yes that coach that is bad for LSU as someone has so eloquently described all season.

Exactly where does that fire John Brady campaign stand now? Sure is quiet around here in calling for his head. That is because all you hear is true tiger fans yelling GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

Basketball is back!!!! Anyone think we have a bad coach now?

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Amen. I have been an avid Brady supporter for a long time. I have never once said I thought we needed to get a new coach. Its good to see there are others, too. Someone said in another post (actually, I think it was you Jeff) that the players reflect their coach. Not only have we been winning games, but the entire team is made up of good men. There arent any outstanding discipline problems or academic problems. In fact, every senior is on schedule to graduate on time, if they havent already. And for those of you that missed the Ronald Dupree interview after the game (on JP), I'll sum up his sentiments: as every athlete does, he talked about having the 5 game slump, but "we just kept on workin." You all know the routine. Then he went on to say how Alabama was a great team with good players and coaches, and that he hopes they get an invitation to the tournament because "they really deserve it, too." Maybe its no big deal, but it stuck out to me.

There are some very important aspects of a basketball program other than wins and losses. These are the things we need to look at as well. We havent recovered from being on probation, its still too soon for that. However, we have been winning anyway. I know some people will look at the talent and experience on the roster and say that we should have been better, and to that I would agree. I really thought this could be a special year, but Rome wasnt built in a day. Im not saying that we should settle for mediocrity, but I dont understand why so many people dont think the entire program is moving in the right direction. We have some really talented young players on the bench and another outstanding class coming in. I think Antonio Hudson and Darrel Mitchell will be big time players here. The way I see it, things are well. Now, where did I leave my flame suit...