Garrett Temple impressing NBA Teams

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by train, May 17, 2009.

1. train

train Founding Member

Garrett Temple has had work outs with Houston, Portland, Oklahoma City, Sacramento, San Antonio, and Boston. All of which said they were not expecting him to be the best player they invited to play, but he was by far the best. They are impressed with his 6'11 wing span and did not know he was as quick/athletic as he is. He has also been knocking down his jumpers, and that was what teams were most concerned about. Im not sayin he will get drafted, but @ the same time i wont be surprised to see him get drafted late in the 2nd round are get picked up after the draft... Good luck G

2. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

That's exciting to hear. Although I think he will struggle a bit to find a place I do believe he has the talent. I'd like to see him with the Hornets.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

no chance he'll be drafted. but he'll likely sign with someone. long defenders able to work on the perimeter are valuable and if youve watched some of the nba playoffs youll see that just about every team plays guys with major holes in their game.

4. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

As much as I love Temple, if he makes an NBA roster he'll have a very limited role as a defensive stopper. He was already a bad shooter and college and that doesn't translate well in the NBA. Best of luck to him though

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

He wasn't a bad shooter. He just wasn't a shooter. He was clutch when he decided to put one up, though. I think he'll be drafted.

6. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

He was relegated to PG for a while, and that diminished the number of shots that he took. He knocked down some big shots in his day.

Glan Davis didn't have the best mid-long range J in college, and he routinely knocks these shots down for Boston.

Garrett will definitely have a chance to play somewhere.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

well under 30% 3 pt for career. and im not sure any of those were contested.

8. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

That's what I'm saying. I've seen him miss way too many open 3's. But he has good size and great defensive tenacity which has value to some NBA teams.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Garrett was sh!t on by most LSU fans for his 1st couple of years. Most of them have let that go.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I don't think he will be drafted but a FA contract is likely.

Shooting can be corrected and will be his focus if he wants to get some PT on the next level.