Gary Crowton

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DownOnTheBayou, Sep 9, 2007.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

What a difference a creative OC can make, FINALLY. Amazing how prolific our offense can be with some creativity, huh Dumbo Fisher? If fisher was still our OC, LSU would not have been as dominant. We still would have won, but not nearly as impressive.

No more are the two-TE sets and run straight into the line, or the one play that works early for a big gain so lets call it the rest of the game.

LSU wins the title last year if Crowton was our OC. I Love the open style that he has. Pretty much always in a 3-4 WR set. That opens up the running game which makes LSU unstopable. And the best play call was the RP touchdown pass to Early, pure genious. All night long when RP was in the game, it was a running play. Then RP fakes the run, beautifully I might add, and hits a WIDE OPEN Early Doucet for a TD. That's what creativity can do for an offense.

And what's really scarry, this team is still learning. This has the makings of being a VERY special year. The only team that can beat LSU is LSU. But if we keep playing mistake-free ball and GREAT D, no one will beat us.

Oh yea, and long gone is the "let's sit on a lead" mentality by LM. With the game well in-hand, LSU kept attacking on offense. I LOVE IT!

GREAT WIN TIGERS, and GREAT CLASS as well towards the Hokie Nation!

3 people like this.
  2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I agree, what a great game if their is any negative at all about this game is that we have to play smarter and make the dumb plays such as late hits.
    If I remember right VT could've been shut out without that personal foul.
    I'm not complaining mind you just saying that could really hurt in a tighter game.

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It feels strange to say this, but the coaching staff we have now might be better than what we had under Saban. Our defense is amazing and the thing I love most about it is that Pelini makes adjustments. Crowton seems to be doing fine as well. Definitely no worse than Fisher.

4. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Your post lost all credibility after that...

5. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

I couldn't agree with you more :thumb:

Everything we were lacking with Jimbo shows now with GC. I knew we had better talent that what we showed with Jimbo. I was SO glad to see him go!

I am glad to see RP get in the games to, looks like he's gonna be a good one!

:crystal: :crystal: :crystal:

6. GEAUX TIGERS

GEAUX TIGERS Founding Member

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think almost all of the personal fouls were borderline BS.

8. GEAUX TIGERS

GEAUX TIGERS Founding Member

ummm no. :lol:

9. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

How about balance? 298 rushing yards, 299 passing. Too bad we didnt have him last year or the year before.

I guess we all now know that Miles WASNT holding Jimbo back.

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Jumbo Fisher was a well-respected and effective OC while at LSU. It was his offensive schemes that won us the SEC title and NC. No one wanted to lose him to FSU.