Gators not as bad as their fans think.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SovietGator, Sep 21, 2003.

1. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

Fightin,

Understand completely, but read the link and you will see the Gator Train Wreck that is coming. The guy that wrote it is a UF alum and BullGator ($$$) Booster, he is a lawyer with big bucks and has some insight into the UF program.

http://www.gatorcountry.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=86846&forum=1&start=0

And also remember that our current AD didn't hire Spurrier, he did however hire Zook and his Circus Act. Our AD is doing to us what Joe Dean did to LSU with the brilliant Hallman and DiNardo hires.

You will beat our a$$es again, we don't have Grossman this year. We have a hell of a defense for 3 quarters (Thank God for Charlie Strong), then our young inexperienced players tire out from being on the field for 40 friggin' minutes a game because of our pathetic high school offense that can't score points.

We'll be EXTREMELY lucky if we don't have 4 losses when we play you. The game will be a night game because we won't even be ranked in the Top 25 when we play you, so the networks won't want the rights, or if they do, they won't want it as a prime time day game.

LSU 28
    Florida 10

2. SovietGator

Fightin,

One other thing, don't be fooled into thinking this is Florida of old. This isn't the Spurrier led Gators, there is nothing to fear. It doesn't matter that we have all these Parade All-Americans on ship', if there is no one to coach them then they are useless.

Also, don't be fooled into the performances UF had against UM and UT. Both of those teams are very overrated. Don't believe everything the biased media tells you about how great they both are. Neither one will be in Nawlins on New Years.

Out of these 4 teams, 2 will be in Nawlins on New Years,

LSU
    Oklahoma
    FSU
    USC

Right now I think it will be LSU/FSU. This will be LSU's Cinderella Season, win it all at home in the Sugar Bowl and Saban leaves for Chicago.

Sort of like Florida's 96' NC season, it was destiny...

FSU will crush Miami in a few weeks.

3. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Boy, I sure hope you're right (except for Saban in the Windy City)

4. SovietGator

Somebody needs to ask Saban at a press conference why he was at Atlanta's Hartsfield Int'l Airport about five weeks ago talking to Jerry Angelo in the Delta First Class Lounge for 2 hours. :cool:

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Rumors don't mean a damn, anybody can start one. Cite your sources and make your point or you're just blowin' hot air.

Names, dates, times, witnesses, you know the drill. If no one is willing to go on the record and publish something, then it is usually a hoax. We've seen a lot of them.

6. IndianTiger

IndianTiger Freshman

I think SovietGator is the twin of Southlink, if we can remember Southlink's ramblings about his UGA team being not good enough till the week before the game. In hindsight, Southlink was right all along. Hope its the same with Sovietgator

LSU-31
    MSU- the scoreboard did not work in the "home" column and they did not want to bother the scorers either.

7. JustinTI

JustinTI Founding Member

I wouldnt wish that on anyone - well maybe I could think of a couple teams:D

8. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Well considering Saban has a home in Georgia, that explain his presence there. Also, there are millions of things that happen with coaches that if we knew, we would freak out. Saban isn't going anywhere. Why would he leave this program now. Skip would give him a raise, he has top grade recruiting classes, and one of the top teams in the nation...

9. SovietGator

red and Dallas,

Can't do that cause' someone would get fired. Just because Saban was there (He was and he never left the airport as his layover was only 3 hours) doesn't mean he's leaving. Just means he's exploring his options and future just as Spurrier did with numerous NFL (Dolphins, Bucs, Saints, Jags, Skins, and Cowboys) teams before he finally left for D.C.

I meant it as if Saban were to take ya'll to the Sugar Bowl (I think he will) he would leave for the NFL after winning a National Championship.

Young coaches don't want to be in the NCAA ranks forever anymore. The era of coaches (Bowden, Paterno, Holtz, and Osborne) being at a program for decades will soon be over.

JustinTI,

You don't have to wish it on us, it's already happening...

Indian,

This is the WORST COACHED Gator team in 14 years, and you saw what you did to us in our own house last season. I guarantee you LSU will win. Put a check in the "W" column right now.

10. SovietGator

Fightin,

If Spurrier were here I could understand that reasoning. He was the one that whipped ya'll like abused tigers. He's long gone, and so his potent cruelty to animals offense...