Gators not as bad as their fans think.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SovietGator, Sep 21, 2003.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I dont care what people say. Florida to me is a more scary team then any team on our schedule Those 56-7 ass whippings are not a to distant memory....
    Sure Zook has dragged them into the SEC middle. But the fact is they still have Talent. IF LSU does not bring another A game like this weekend, that could easily be an L.

Honestly Both Auburn and Florida scare me much more then Arkanas does.
    They have nothing to lose now, no national titles, LSU is "A better team" as those idiots in the press say... Arkansas is about to crap itself because they are becoming a national power (This season that is) they will panic just like Auburn did at the beginning of the Season.

But at some point Floridas Talent (See Leak) will overcome piss poor coaching (See Zook)

Miss State 1st, Then I will start wranling my hands about the gators coming to town.

2. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

My worries about UGA finally did come true and thats why I kept worrying before the game and season. Injuries, suspensions, ext...crept up and bit us in the ass against a very good team. Something USC and CU couldn't do.

Also...me and Soviet related? Oh for the love of.....I aint related to no Gator!!!

3. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

True or not. It is a known fact the Saban and Angelo are friends. If they were meeting about a job they would not need a face to face meeting, because they know each other to well to have a get to know you meeting.
    My problem with Angelo is that he did not give the Bears a chance this year, and this is the year that they are reopening their Stadium. Usually you try to bring in some excitement when opening a new stadium (Except for original outsides it is basically a new stadium). Angelo better watch out, because he may not be around to hire the Bears next coach.
    If Saban leaves he leaves, asking him about it will not change anything. I think Emmert and Skip will do a pretty good job of hiring a replacement if it comes to that. The chancellor did a great job last time, and we have a lot more to offer now than we did when we hired Saban.

4. TexasTigers

Southlink you sure are being hard on your Dawgs. That was an SEC dog fight (No pun intended) that could have went any way.

I think UGA is without question the best in the east. And if LSU UGA play 10 times its 5 to 5.

UGA has reloaded. I suspect LSU and UGA will be seeing each other again this year.

5. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

I am hard on the Dogs because I don't like putting myself too high. I couldn't imagine being Auburn right now and having gone from the Top Top Top to the bottom bottom bottom.

Georgia still has many problems left to be figured out. OL needs more experience. WR's need to catch more passes. CB's need to work out some small kinks. I hope for another 10 win season but against UT, UF, Auburn, Bama, ext...it will be tough.

6. TexasTigers

We are both in the SEC 10 wins will always be tough not matter how good or bad you are....

7. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

Well I sure hope it's a friendly atmosphere after ya'll stomp us in 2 weeks. I'll be at the game tailgating with a bunch of coon-asses from Lutcher and friends from Baton Rouge (I lived in BR and NO for 18 years, went to HS at Tara) across the street from the stadium and jet plane.

When ya'll beat us in 97' I had to send a few LSU drunks flying backwards about 3 feet when they got in my face and got indignant. My parents (50's at the time) were severely harrassed (Physically) by a bunch of punks outside the stadium after the game. My mom was very upset. My dad can take care of himself like me.

We sat apart on opposite sides of the stadium that night, had I been with them I would have sent someone to the hospital and I would have spent the night in jail.

I'm hoping since we are a shadow of our former selves it won't be as bad as it was in 97' when you ruined our #1 ranking. I'm not counting on it though, when ya'll whip our a$$ for only the third time in some 14 years I think all hell will break loose. Ya'll being undefeated and ranked highly won't help either.

I've been going to LSU/Florida games for over 14 years and have only had a problem in 97'. I know the majority of LSU fans are great but you always have bad seeds, especially when liquor is involved. I never drink at opposing stadiums so if I have to get down and dirty, I'm sober and can defend myself.

SouthLink,

Dawgs and Gators don't mix!

:D

8. TexasTigers

LSU unfortunatly has its share of crappy fans, no more or less then other schools. Saban has changed our culture considerably. LSU fans dont get so excited if we win. We expect it, there really is no need to protect goal posts.
    Also I say an LSU fan just say something to an UGA couple and about 50 of us jumped on him telling him to shut it....

The bad news is winning brings out the idiots, it the down years you could not find a one of them....

I have had my negative experiences at the Swamp myself. Its a problem in SEC football I think. It happens everywhere (Considerably more at Auburn)
    You should never have to defend yourself at a football game unless some guy wearing a towel yells Jihad... Otherwise its just a game in when it all boils down. We are all southern bretheren...

Lets fight the yankees not each other.

I hope your trip win or lose to Tiger Stadium will be a good one and you dont leave hungry or sober...

Geaux Tigers

9. TexasTigers

Where are there Predictions. A Florida fan is predicting a gator loss but he is speaking with his heart not his head... (No offense there Soviet) he is a bit upset...

I think all of us are thinking Miss St....

10. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

Texas,

That's good to know about the expecting to win attitude in BR now and I hear ya' about the Swamp. A lot of Florida's fan base are redneck trailer trash, they save up all year to have season tickets and that is all they do, never travel or leave the state.

Try going to the Orange Bowl or Doak Campbell in Tallahassee, that is the definition of a heated rivalry. Brawls in the stands every year. It is hatred between Miami, UF, and FSU.

I won't leave hungry but I will leave sober! I'll be having my first red bean gumbo if the game isn't an 11:30 kick off. I don't think it will be as Florida won't be in the Top 25 when we play.

This will be my wife's first college football game ever (Only been married a year), she's never been to a pro game either. Atleast I'm breaking her in right by taking her to the number one tailgating spot in the world in Baton Rouge. I'll take her to the number two spot next year in Gainesville.

That is the other reason I hope the atmosphere is friendly, atleast in our vicintity, so she won't have to experience any negative scenes or see my fuse blow. :D