Gators not as bad as their fans think.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SovietGator, Sep 21, 2003.

1. ronbono

ronbono Founding Member

If you are tailgating among the LSU RV crowd, you have nothing to worry about.

2. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

When did Holz stay at a program for decades?

3. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

Goodlife,

Ooops, you got me. Eddie Robinson then. :D

4. memphisvol

memphisvol Freshman

Man I went to the SEC championship game LSU vs UT and was treated the worst I have ever been in my life... (by opposing fans that is) But I agree.... the bad fans make up a very small but vocal % of the overall fan base... and LSU fans are good people.... Some one said earlier.... since Nick has been there less of that has been seen.. Tiger fans are getting used to winning...

I do find it strange that UT is getting no respect for beating Florida at home... The gators are not finished... they may have to lose Zook to get back to winning, but they will be back... too much $$ down there in the swamp for them to just go away... Circle that game on your calanders tiger fans, it will be a game... I do think LSU pulls it out though... you guys looked good against a decent poodles team...

5. SovietGator

memphis,

I give you, Martin, Clausen, and Fulmer TONS of respect for beating us twice while Spurrier was there. You beat the worst Gator team in 14 years this past Saturday though.

Fulmer was laughing and running around in the Swamp and Clausen was up on the ladder directing the band like that goober Peyton used to do, you'd think they had just beat a Spurrier led #1 ranked team. Shallow victory, not in the grand scheme of things, a win is a win, but was it a monumental win like LSU upsetting #1 ranked Florida in 97'? Nope...

I crack up every time I see the footage of Big Bird Peyton up on that ladder leading the UT band, what a dork. Tee Martin and Casey Clausen did what All-Universe QB Peyton could never do, beat Florida, and Martin won ya'll a NC, and beat us to do it.

UT beat a team that is barely in the Top 25, so what. A team that will finish the season 6-6. You didn't beat the Florida of old, the Spurrier Juggernaught, the Florida team that broke your heart year after year. That ain't too much to be proud of. Enjoy your season and good luck the rest of the way. I wouldn't have been looking for respect had we beat ya'll in 96' without Peyton or Fulmer.

You're right we'll be back just like LSU is, but the question is how long will it take. Our AD has screwed us like LSU's did hiring Hallman and DiNardo. If our AD hires another unproven head coach when Zook is fired, our program will go back to the stone age.

True, Florida has more money than any school save probably U of Texas, but money didn't hire us a proven coach with previous head coaching experience did it. Our current Athletic Director didn't hire Spurrier either, he had NOTHING to do with Spurrier being hired or his success. But he is on his way to quickly ruining it.

We don't have the luxuries of Tennessee or LSU, we have TWO in-state National Powers (FSU and Miami) in college football that while we are down, will raid our recruiting base while we sink to the depths of the SEC.

6. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

LOL, you bash others for living in the past yet I have seen this from many UF fans now. Like you all have said, look at the present, not the past. UT won. Whether they beat a good/bad team is your own fault because your coaches but them on the field.

7. memphisvol

memphisvol Freshman

Hold on a second there my friend.... Did I just hear you complaining about being in the state that more top recruits come out of every single year than any other state??? Tennessee does not have your luxury my friend... if you will look at the UT roster it is sprinkled with Florida recruits, Texas recruits, and others.... we do not recruit only in the state of Tennesee... Tennessee is not as strong a football state... Regardless, wasn't Zooks class in the top five?? he is a better recruiter, just not as good of a coach... Ohh and I would like to point out... we beat your beloved Spurrier and his jaggurnaut at florida the last year he played us... AT FLORIDA.... last year you beat a UT team at tennessee with Zook (granted we were down 11 starters) but you still beat us... Stop being so negative man... or stop being a fan one.... This is the SEC... any team could win any Saturday...

8. SovietGator

memphis,

First off, don't ever take anything I say personal man, unless I call you an expletive, as I'm just an agitated Gator fan. You missed my initial point though.

Who are your in-state competitors or rivals?

Do they have the combined National Championships, Heisman Trophies, or success and dominant programs FSU and Miami have?

I didn't think so... So if your program were to flounder for a few years would you have to worry about Vandy or MTSU taking over as the football power in Tennessee? I didn't think so...

If you look, you will see I pointed out in my previous post that BOTH Clausen and Martin beat Spurrier led teams, an AWESOME achievement indeed. You, Fulmer, and UT all deserve props for those two wins.

You don't hear me gloating about beating a UT team with 11 starters missing do you, that is NOTHING to gloat about or be proud of. If I beat you, I want the satisfaction of beating you at your best.

Ya'll have a fairly easy schedule ahead of you (Some media members and posters on this board have you going undefeated), but beat UGA, Bama, and Miami and then I will give you some props. ;)

SouthLink,

I know my team, so I've already conceded defeat. Now go away and leave me alone. :D

9. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

I don't care which UF fan concedes defeat. Florida fans conceded defeat last year and they won.

10. memphisvol

memphisvol Freshman

noted, but I did not take it personal... However, I see your point about the instate rivals... Yes UT will probably always win the recruiting battle at home, there is no one else worth a crap... But Florida has plenty to go around.. (as evidenced by the mass of parade all americans that come out of florida every year) I dont think you can stick a fork in Florida yet though... If Spurrier had been here I do not think we would have beaten you guys as easily (not that it was that easy) as we did... florida is very very young this year, I think they will be a force to deal with next year.. Look at how many freshmen are on their traveling roster vs. UT... Inexperience cost us a lot of games last year cause all of our starters were out... Florida has tons of inexperience at every position... That hurt you guys but next year those same players will be battle tested and have something to prove.. I think Florida loses to LSU but wins against Georgia... my opionion and 50 cents wont even buy you a coke.. but there it is...