Gators seniors only meeting.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by hunt4heisman, Oct 7, 2003.

1. hunt4heisman

hunt4heisman Founding Member

Ran Carthon called a seniors only meeting following the Gators loss Saturday to Ole Miss. In it he mentioned how nobody would give them a chance this weekend, and that they'd probably be 28 point dogs... The question I came up with from hearing about this was; Are the Gators challenging themselves and coming into Tiger Stadium to make a final stand, or is the team already in shambles and beginning to crack at the foundation?

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Songy said that Hunt is going to have trouble cutting and moving laterally...

Crawfish has already used his Purple and Gold Crystal Ball to tell us that Clayton will see approximately 15 snaps in relief of Hunt-more if he has significant trouble moving laterally. The fact that Randall Gay will get the cast cut off Saturday will help us immensely. Now that we have him back, we're in a much better situation from a depth standpoint.

Gay has played every defensive backfield position, and can help out at Safety with LaRon Landry and Clayton. I think this is Landry's opportunity to make a statement as well. Travis Daniels moved to cornerback to take over for Prude who was starting, and Daniels has played both safety positions as well.

We'll be fine from that standpoint.

I think this game is going to be a coming out party for Justin Vincent. It will also be a great opportunity for Dwayne Bowe and Buster Davis to step up in the receiving corp. If Clayton does see 15 snaps or more, they're going to have to turn to those guys for key catches and some big plays.

Devery and Skyler will do well, and Bowe has already proven that he can make the clutch catch. I am predicting a big play from one of the freshmen wideouts through the air this week...

My prediction is LSU 34, Florida 14...Leak has a shaky game, and the Florida program reaches the lowpoint of the last decade, its first three game conference losing streak in recent memory.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

They are coming here laying it all out on the line. I assure you. Lets face it this is their season. WIn and they are back on track to a possible decent season. Lose and they could very well just pack it up and wait for a new coach to arrive.

Geaux Tigers

4. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

5. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Its over for them.

6. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I think Landry will make a huge statement in this game. It's a huge game for our secondary, IMO. Florida hasn't been able to run the ball that well this season. We need to continue to drive Leak's confidence into the ground.Listen...if we can shake David Greene AND dj Shockley, then we should have no problem rattling a freshmen...

7. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

I could just imagine how the game will go if Leak gets half as scared back there as Shockley was.

That guy looked like he didn't belong anywhere near a football field.

8. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

Umm, the foundation cracked against Kentucky and Ole Piss, it is now in the crumbling stages. Full demolition will commence after losses to LSU, ARK, UGA, FSU and possibly Vandy and USC.

I can't wait to see all your studs in person, and hear the band too. Still get goosebumps every time I hear them even being a Gator fan. The best was when the LSU band performed at halftime of a Saints game back in the 90's.

That freaking rocked! It was loud, and yeah, I cheered.

I leave tomorrow afternoon for Houston then onto Baton Rouge Friday night for the game festivities. I can taste the boudin, red bean gumbo, and jambalaya now. :D

Aayyeeee!!

9. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

A little off topic but I bet there is a split between older Gators and younger Gators. How could there not be. I remember FSU players (older FSU guys) who complained when Rix took over as a youngster . . . they felt screwed (like their time was being wasted so a younger guy could be groomed for a future job). Good teams don't want to go through rebuilding, or wasted seasons to develop younger guys or to keep a promise to young players daddy.

This won't be the last Senior Gator only meeting if Leak keeps starting and the team keeps losing.

10. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

LSUfan,

There is definately a split among the UF players. The older Spurrier recruits want Martin to be the QB and resent all of Zook's players getting the playing time, especially unproven Leak.

Ben Troupe is our best offensive player and the best TE in the country, the guy is a stud. He flattens and hurdles defenders like they are pee-wee players. He should be getting the ball a bunch but he doesn't because he is a senior. Got too many other Zook frosh and soph studs on offense that have to touch the ball because they were promised playing time in order to get them to sign on the dotted line.

Zook an unproven loser that none of these young kids had ever heard of all of a sudden comes into Florida and signs the #1 or 2 recruiting class (Depending on polls) in the country? Uh-uh, no way he signs a stud class like that unless he made them and their parents promises.

He'll have a mutiny on his hands by season's end.