geert hammink

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by martin, Apr 9, 2004.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

http://www.schoenen-dunk.de/basketball/bbl/article.php?sid=5575

i can't read german, but i did study it a a little, and this is the impression i get:

the article says that hammink is improving with age like fine wine and is playing great for being 35, much like karl "the mailman" malone. then it says he is unstoppable at times and has six double-doubles. they call him the "flying dutchman". he is a great rebounder and the european players cant stop his turnaround jumpers. he has helped his team, which i guess is called "RheinEnergie Köln" from the cellar to playoff contenders. he was player of the month recently. one of his coaches has descibed his play as godlike or something. i am not sure. 13 points, 10 rebounds a game. feel free to correct me if you speak german.

anyways it looks like he is doing pretty well over there in deutschland. its always nice to hear of former LSU players playing well. guten tag!

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

translation

With Geert Hammink is it as with erlesenem wine. Of that as well known stated that he is the better mundet, the more ripely he. In July this yearly becomes "Flying the Dutchman" 35 years old. An age, in which usually the performance curve shows downward. Not so with Hammink, which distributes baskets so steadily for weeks the fact that a comparison with Karl Malone which "Mailman" the Los Angeles Lakers, are quite attached. Six double doubles, that are two digit values in two categories, in consequence can the 2,10m large centers for itself note. An impressing achievement, with which it its crew, Rhine energy Cologne, out... the valleys of the table cellar toward Play off places led. After success over TSK peppering castle, to which Hammink had contributed 18 points and 14 Rebounds, could be hinreissen the Cologne coaches Milan Minic to the statement, Hammink plays a "wie young Gott". Even if the comparison is too daring: The Dutchman concerned obviously at the high point of his work strength. Not of approximate he states the list of the Top Rebounder. In addition come its qualities of beyond the 6,25m-Linie and its ever better becoming Turnaround Jumper - for the opposing defenders a Graus. And because Hammink to time "unstoppable" to be seems, have it the fans to more "Spieler the monthly the Januar" gekuert. At place two landed Elvir Ovcina of the EWE Baskets Oldenburg, third became Oluoma Nnamaka of the Telekom Baskets Bonn, which proved in January impressively that he can do more to defend than only well

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

yes, indeed "the more ripely he". and also i am glad the "dutchman concerned obviously at the high point of his work strength."

translation is one of the few things where i trust a human more than a computer.

4. tirk

sorry

best i could do, fahrfegnugen.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

thats cool i appreciate it, i was just pointin put how dumb computers can be at certain tasks, like translation, and so good at others, like chess.

either way, how about that tubby ole guy geert hammink tearin up the bundesliga?

6. tirk

i wasnt really apologizing anyhow.

7. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

Who would win in one-on-one: Geert Hammink or Rick Mattick?

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dunno who rick mattick is, but i do know the only person in the whole world who can beat hammink is shaq. he used to do that incredilbe flat footed block attempt.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Rick Mattick was a 7-0 guy who played for LSU in the late 70's. He was mostly a klutz but he had his moments. In the 79' Sweet 16 game against Magic Johnson's Michigan State team LSU was dominating MSU in the first half largely due to Mattick playing like he had never played before. Then Mattick dribbled the ball off of his foot and after that he fell apart.

10. tirk

thanks, didnt know who he was. i knew geert, he was at LSU when i was going there and met him. very nice guy and needless to say, taller than imagined. shaq goes without saying....he had to duck coming in to class plus he weighed about 60 lbs less than he does now and was huge then.