Giada De Laurentis (Everyday Italian) best lookin cookin babe.

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by snorton938, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Wasn't Roseanne Barr the one who came up with domestic goddess?

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

There may not be a human being on earth whose opinion I value less so I couldn't answer that. From a common sense standpoint I would think, no....there were some references to domestic goddesses in early Greek literature.

Nigella thinks the uber feminist has driven women away from the kitchen for no good reason. I agree.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

As Kinky Friedman sang "Get your biscuits in the oven and your buns in the bed, that's what I to my lady said"

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I have this magazine from the 50's called "the good wife's guide". Couple of them actually but I keep 1 in a drawer to throw out when I know one of them hardcore feminist threaten to come over. I ain't against them so much as I don't want to hear it put on a pedestal. There is a couple of them out there dying their arm pit hair funky colors. When I see that, I miss the point entirely....and then I think about that magazine in the drawer.

I used to like the food network but Bobby Flay makes me want to kick the cat, so I stopped watching altogether. I will eat anything Bourdain says just cause he said it.

StaceyO and tirk like this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

"I believe in putting women on a pedestal. High enough to be able to look up their dress". -- Steve Martin

LSUDad and uscvball like this.
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

wait, now im already in love. i take it back, negramodella.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i think thats why i stopped watching a few years ago as well. i just get the feeling bobby flay is unlikable yet he is one of their chosen ones.

i read bourdains book. very interesting. if you want i can e-forward it to you. he takes shots at all of them on that network.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I really don't see über feminists much, but I suppose they still exist. I see a lot of professional women who made a career choice but most of them still like to cook. I think its mostly ambition that is driving them. The ones that want a career as well as a full home life with kids and cooking have just gotten busier. In fact many of them suffer from Hurried Woman Syndrome. But its their choice for the most part.

StaceyO likes this.
  9. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

Fair chance you'd find one or two metaphorically right under your nose.

http://uiswcmsweb.prod.lsu.edu/hss/wgs//

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That's just a curriculum with a Womens Studies degree that won't get any of them a job. These are not the droids you are looking for. The hard-core feminists that I've met, the kind of people who would "Drive" women out of the kitchen, are the gender activists, mostly lesbians with a grudge. And I haven't seen too many of them since the 90's. The old butch dykes are morphing into lipstick lesbians, many of whom are switch-hitters, and most have softened on the man-hating and the housewife-bashing. At least on campus. Gawd knows what Vball sees in California . . .