Goldman reveals where bailout cash went

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

2. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Geithner just looks more impressive with each passing moment.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Now he says letting the tax cuts expire is "the responsible thing to do". This alleged benefit for the rich is going to cost me about $300.00 per month come January 1st.

Stimulate THIS MFers.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

too big to fail my ass, this will go down as one of the biggest con jobs in american history. how much you wanna bet they ask for more bailouts in the next year or two?

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

We have to raise taxes. If we don't we would have to cut spending. With a spending cut, the government will not be able to grow and take over more of the economy from evil private industry.

6. SabanFan

I started to jump all over you then I realized the sarcasm.

One of the fallacies being perpetuated by Obama is that the Bush Tax Cuts affected only the "wealthy" or "very rich". This is not the case at all. That may be true of the capital gains aspect but if the cuts expire, every tax bracket will increase.

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Not only the brackets, but the child tax credit reverting to 500 per kid and the making work pay credit expiring is going to cause a world of hurt. For me those two credits reduce my liability by $1,800 bucks. Not even considering how brackets move I'm already $150 a month poorer.

Does anyone remember how the market responded when news broke that Geithner was going to be Obama's Treasury man? I think the dow went up 400 points. If only we knew.

It all seems pretty clear Goldman owns the treasury. They owned Paulson, they own Timmy G. I am sure the next Secretary of the Treasury will be a Goldman alum as well.

1 person likes this.
  8. SabanFan

Yet the ignorant liberals and Obama defenders refuse to see what is right in front of them. I can understand the fat asses who are living off of entitlements but how working people can support Obama and his Democrat congress is beyond me.

He's got his hands in their pockets and they let him steal their money while they pat him on the back.

1 person likes this.
  9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

That's what happens when the ignorance of the American public is lead to believe, and does believe that he is putting money in their pockets. Problem is that the government is putting 1 dollar in one pocket and taking 3 out of the other. What the American public needs to realize is that we need the government to just stay out of our pockets. Something that will never happen.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Wasn't the original 700 billion dollar bailout the last wonderful thing that your champion W did before he left office? BTW i am not defending Obama, there is plenty of blame to go around, and he is a part of it.