Gonzales a candidate for Kent State Job

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU01, Dec 10, 2010.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I dont think any of us are calling him a bad coach. We are just saying what has he done at LSU to warrant a head coaching gig yet.

Facts are facts, LSU has one of the worst passing attacks in the nation, you can blame Jefferson sure but he needs a few more years and an offense that throws more than few TD's than you can count on both hands before you start crowning an "up and comer"
    Give him some time and a QB see what he can really do.
    Maybe the guy was hamstrung, possible. But to say "Man look what he did with the LSU passing game" if I was Kent State is laughable.

Also improvement ? Where..... I saw an offense that at times looked like it couldnt move the ball against a box of rocks and a scarf

I think I can speak for most, last year and this year watching that passing game was NOT entertaining and flat painful at times.

Watching my dogs take a dump was more entertaining...

2. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Oh, I totally agree, I don't think he's anywhere near ready for consideration for HC positions, I was just responding to the "good riddance" crowd.

As for improvement, the offense was at the least watchable for the last 5 games.

3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

The receivers were running better routes this year, but way too many dropped passes. Gonzales is also a key coach in recruiting. He was the Recruiting Coord. at UF and has key ties in the state of Florida for LSU. Some feel he is also the OC-in-waiting.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

it wouldn't bother me if he left.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah the hype on Gonzales by LSU fans had no merit.

He did a horrible job in his inaugural season at LSU. If we're being honest.

6. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Did he really do a horrible job, or did he just have one hell of a hole to dig out of? I think the receivers had developed some pretty bad habits over the last couple of years.

7. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

also, the WRs had very little confidence in any of our QBs and Tolliver has to be the weakest primary receiver at LSU since the 90s. Gonzales didnt have much to work with IMO

8. LaSalleAve

Toliver didn't have the dropsies last year. That was all Lafell.

9. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Based on what? Speculation? You have no idea what his responsibilities were, how much input he had into the gameplans, etc. The WRs before he got here were hopeless because the last WR coach didn't even teach them proper foot placement. Who knows how much he was able to get done in his first season on campus. Can we stop being so damn black or white with stuff? "He was horrible." Based on what? You don't even know what his job entails.

And you are probably the most consistently incorrect guy here, if we're being honest.

10. LaSalleAve

I don't know if he was horrible, or not, but I do know that the wide receivers were not hopeless. Terrence Toliver was not terrible last season, and Deangelo Peterson was better last year also. (i know DP is a tight end) Then you have Fobbs, Boone, Wright, all did a bunch of nothing. Chris Toliver, nada.....

I think what most people wanted to see, was Deangelo, Shep, and TT have good seasons, Deangelo obviously had the better season catching the ball, but still a disappointment, Shepard shouldn't have even been converted, he should have been a tailback, like McCalebb or Holiday. And TT has regressed, just like our quarterbacks did, and all we have to go on is that Billy G was the "passing game coordinator".

Well, how was that passing game this year?