Gotta feel for Miles...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Fishhead, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Miles' LSU team is 4-0 (2-0) with 3+TD wins over 2 conference opponents, and wins over two ranked OOC teams.

Mark Richt is 1-3 (0-3), the only win coming over a non-BCS rent a win.

I know UGA fans are probably flippin' lids, but you don't hear NEARLY as much Richt bashing from the media as you do Miles bashing. Miles has won the SECC, beat UGA last year at their place, and has a :crystal:. AND, Miles beat WVU. Richt has just as much talent every year as Miles, but Miles is constantly accused of doing "Les with more". Actually, Miles has done more with equal.

Why is it that Richt is seemingly granted a pass, and Miles is buried already? Why is it that Miles' seat was hot coming into this season, but only now is Richt's? And although Richt's seat is finally getting warm, Miles' seat is no cooler...and probably even hotter...at least in the eyes of the media/outsiders.

And another thing. If Miles DOES have more talent, which some will argue, it's because he's a better recruiter. I know LA is loaded with talent, but UGA is top 3 talent in the country every year. Hell, some of LSU's better players were picked right out from under Richt's nose.

2 people like this.
  2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

its a pretty simple answer and you said it. Miles has the more recent NC:crystal: and that creates expectations that Georgia hasnt seen since Herschel.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I couldn't possibly figure out how to go look it up, but even after the NC, there was a poll on another board...an SEC board...rating the SEC coaches. Richt was...at the time...number two. Miles was number 4. Again, this was AFTER the :crystal:...but before the 2008-2009 seasons. It was around SEC Media Days 2008...which would've been July after the :crystal:. :huh: Meyer was #1 and Sabes was #3. Behind Richt, but in front of Leslie.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

But thats because the media likes him and its the opposite with Miles, I'm not very high on Miles right now, but you have to dance with the girl you came with.
    Also, they perpetuated the myth that Miles won with Sabans players, something I despise hearing till this day.

1 person likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Richt is not a dweeb; Richt is not a sound bite waiting to happen; Richt is not lost on the sideline; Richt does not engage in double talk; Richt knows how to coach QB's, he was one; Richt does not call out his fans, the list could be so long.

6. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Ding. Ding. Ding.

Not to mention an offensive minded coach has seen his offense digress 3 years in a row. Chavis looks to be a good hire, but Miles gets paid the big bucks to maintain success on both sides of the ball.

In '08, we started 4-0 and in '09 we started 5-0, but we all know how that turned out. If things don't change fast, it'll be more mediocre records. It's developing into a pattern, and fans are noticing.

Why do you feel the incessant need to defend him?

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Not necessarily defending him...just noticing the obvious (to me). In fact, I knew some of the answers before I asked the question. Just discussing something different that JJ/JL. And...I don't agree with ALL of the reasons given. In fact, I don't give a rats arse about Miles' public speaking, and am pretty sure he does a lot of it on purpose.

Bottom line, I'm not suggesting Miles IS better. Just saying nobody can offer concrete evidence to the contrary, and in an unbiased setting, I or anyone with a brain could provide evidence to support Miles>Richt. That isn't the point. It's that Richt is perceived to be FAR superior than Miles...and he's not. Richt has had a very similar career in the SEC to Miles...with less hardware to show for it.

I wasn't defending him at all. My thought process when I thought of this included quite a bit of laughter. You see, I'm not a miserable phuck like you seemingly are. Not every thread has to be an argument.

I know this...I'd rather be an LSU fan...right now...than a UGA fan. What about you?

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Would Miles be less of a dweeb if he dressed the Tigers in all black and had the entire bench run out to the EZ after a TD...just before UF commence to whooping their arses? Or just before Bama ripped them to shreds? Is that why he's not a dweeb?

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

That's swagga bro but if Miles did it he'd probably burn a timeout.

10. IL. TigerFan

IL. TigerFan Founding Member

:rofl: :geaux: