great win, but brady needs to...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by friday, Feb 15, 2004.

1. friday

friday Founding Member

Shut TFU and take a page out of saban's book. forget about the damn polls...esp in basketball, they mean absoultely nothing. now, brady's got all of his players buying into and now commenting publicly on this disrespect issue. this can only be counterproductive as now the tigers are going to be in the top 25 and the team will feel as though they've accomplished their goal. get off it brady and refocuc this team on real goals like the sec championship and the final 4!

2. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

typical LSU basketball fan....always finds something negative to bitch about no matter what

3. friday

friday Founding Member

no, just a fan that wants to win. not one that's satisified with just a win at fla but better things down the road. fly under the radar...stay out of the spotlight with vitale and all the other talking heads spouting about how great you are. this is a marathon not a race. any of this clicking lsustudent? this is about loftier goals and with a young team like this, you need to keep them focused or the season will end abruptly. all i'm saying is why place an importance on something that means absoluletly nothing to this young team? you never heard jim boeheim "bitch" about not being in the top 25 last year with his young syracuse team.

remember someone at lsu last recently saying "its useless clutter"?

4. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Friday you might read your first sentence of your post very slowly. I recommend you go to the site listed below http://www.nola.com/lsu/basketball/ and read the entire series of articles on LSU basketball. It appears the players have goals and have bought into Brady's basketball philosophy. According to the other coaches in the league, that philosophy is working.

5. friday

friday Founding Member

roygu

the first sentence reads just as though the way I wrote it. I'm aware of the sports section of the tp. i'm not talking about the player's buying into brady's system, I'm talking about something in brady's methods that do this team no value at all. I'm escatic that this team is doing well and happy for jb and these kids, I'm just of the opinion that the clutter does no one any good.

6. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

I have to disagree with your assessment on Jim Boeheim not bitching. He is the most notorious whiner in college basketball. Never gets a call.. never gets respect.. Obviously he can coach his ass off but don't say he isn't a bitcher..

Also, I don't think you have heard the players or our coach talk about the rankings unprovoked. They are asked the question by the media and they answer with what they think. The media asks the question after each time they win a game and the rankings dont give us any respect. I would love to see how many times the words "lack of respect" showed up on this board during football season.

I do agree that our coach should just shrugg it off and not worry about the polls, but he is asked the question.

7. BB

BB Founding Member

I still do not like John Brady. However, I'll tip my hat when someone earns it. Great run as of late and great, gutsy win on the road for Brady and the boys. I hope we can keep a full head of steam and take care of the injuries effectively. Nice job Brady.

8. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

If Brady wins a NC, will fans still gripe? Please don't be like the Tennessee fans...

9. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Brady isn't my favorite, but I can't argue with the results he is putting up presently. He is doing a great job with this young team.

10. Globalx39

Globalx39 Founding Member

Hey friday, flying under the radar isnt the only way to succeed in the upcoming march madness. Ever think maybe Brady is trying to instill confidence in his players. You know Confidence and Momemtum are very important in this sport.