Greatest High School football game ever played

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by fanatic, Nov 13, 2014.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I've seen that. The focus has always been on East Plano, but you've got to take your hat off to Tyler. To be up 24 points with 3:03 left and somehow give up 28 points in about 2:40....they had to be beyond shell-shocked. But given the most narrow window of opportunity, they executed a perfect kickoff return TD.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Heartbreaking for those kids. Even the announcers were near tears.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I watch the final minutes on YouTube every now and then because the commentary is hilarious.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The Patterson vs North Webster playoff game Friday night was just flat ridiculous. Patterson went up 14-10 at the half. Early in the 3rd quarter, they scored on an interception for touchdown, recovered a fumble on the kickoff, then scored on the next play. 27-10, and the original "Who Dat" chant was back in play. NW scored on a fake punt to cut the lead to 10, and from that point on, they onside kicked for the rest of the game. On its next 3 possessions, Patterson scored in 1 play, 2 plays and 1 play, but they couldn't stop North Webster either. (Their junior running back, Devin White, is a fuckin' man...built like Fournette, but runs like Brandon Jacobs at that age) Patterson led 47-23 with about 9 minutes left, but NW just kept feeding White, scoreing and onside kicking. They finally took the lead with :45 left to play, 51-47. Patterson was able to get to about the NW 30 before time ran out. 14 TDs scored in the game, I believe 11 were 40 yards or more.

tirk likes this.