Gruden giving M.C., Saban, and Tigers big props

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU4Life, Apr 24, 2004.

1. LSU4Life

LSU4Life Founding Member

Gruden's getting interviewed on the Bucs Cam on NFL Total Access and he's giving a lot of compliments to LSU, Nick Saban, the program and M.C. Says M.C. jumps out when you watch him on film. Gruden loves how physical he is, etc.. Says he has a lot of respect for the Tigers, Saban, and the way the program is run.

Cool!

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

That's high praise coming from Gruden. He isn't known for dishing out the complements...

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Awesome, I've always liked John Gruden, even when he was the Raiders coach even though the Raiders are the team I love to hate.
    He is one of my favorite NFL coaches and I can't wait fast enough for football season to get here to see our new LSU team as well as former players playing in the NFL.

4. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I just looked at the local Tampa Bay news sites and the fans don't seem happy with Clayton.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I was surprised Clayton went that high after showing a 4.6 in the combines. But Micheal Irvin was saying that Clayton more than makes up for his lack of speed because he is a polished receiver that knows how to run crisp routes and already catches the ball properly (and of course we already know about his blocking skills downfield). It was pointed out that receivers like Jerry Rice, Micheal Irvin and Terrell Owens also did not show good numbers at the combines, so sometimes those numbers obviously do not mean that much.

All I know is Micheal Clayton 'bout to get pizzaid. I am happy for him. He deserves it.

6. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

I think the Saints took Henderson b/c the Bucs took Clayton it will be fun to watch em play against each other two times a year. Clayton puts saints fans in a bad situation. I wonder who Archie is gonna pull for when the colts play the Giants.

7. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

Big difference between Keshawn and Clayton… Class, Leadership and Commitment to name a few. Of course the coaching staff is excited, why wouldn’t you B. Gruden said in his interview “we sure can use his attitude in the huddle". Enough said.

Class, Dedication and Loyalty... Proud to call him a tiger :helmet:

8. Gruden is cool. Gordy Rush used to report on the radio that he was friends with him and that he was trying to lobby for the LSU job before Saban was hired. I've also heard several interviews from him describing himself as an SEC kind of guy, his dad used to coach in the SEC ...i think. Cool guy though and great coach. I'm happy for M.C.

9. Soap

Soap Founding Member

This is the single reason most high draft picks don't pan out. Teams all look at stats and strength numbers, and don't look at what kind of football player the person is. No matter what is stats are, Clayton is a gamer and a football player. I think he'll do well.

10. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Gruden coaching SEC football?

That's very interesting. It's also fascinating to think about John Gruden as HC of the LSU Tigers! We could not possibly have done better with Gruden than we have with CNS, I'll admit that.

When a college program is highly regarded around the NFL, word gets around, and it helps recruiting.

I'd venture to say that CNS is the college HC most coveted by the NFL right now.