Guys...I am beginning to wonder about TF...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I know that Brett does an absolutely magnificent job...and on a personal note, Brett has had to put up a lot with me personally...I know I was/am no angel when some get me riled up here, and the ramah incidents and whatnot are well documented and lamented narratives that I won't really get into...

But when has this site become so trigger happy with the administration? I guess it was inevitable as Brett's site has become a "victim" of sorts of its own success. There's absolutely no way he can be here for every step his baby takes. I applaud him for nominating administrators, and it excites me to know that this site has grown so much that we have to have people appointed to make sure its content is monitored to keep hacks and idiots out.

I do wonder about how just the other night, I was talking to a member of another site about how much this site has thrived with the lack of heavy handed censorship of posters, especially posters who are regular contributors and not just hacks who pop out of the woodwork.

This attitude and feeling on the site has changed for me. I'm seeing vast amounts of totally well thought out, and informed posts being deleted at the slightest hint of something a moderator doesn't like.

I know that this is inevitable, and that everyone that is privileged to be asked by Brett to be a moderator has different levels and mores about what they think should remain up on the site, but let me make a statement.

I came from a site that ejected me after concocting a story about my behavior on the board. Their site was dominated by their moderators who deleted anything and gave arbitrary if any reasons for deletion. It became a huge source of consternation for the site to think even legitimate scoop was being withheld by some because they feared that hen-house minded administrators were so scared of the truth about some aspects of LSU sports seeing the light of day that they would delete any negative information regarding LSU, period, point blank.

Please...Do not let this site fall into that same mold.

Having said that, this site is without question the best LSU Message Board and LSU fan Community I've ever found on the web. That includes my initial foray in to world of LSU themed cyberspace through Tigerbait.com, and my sometimes illustrious and oftentimes ignominious tenure on the Lair...Brett has created something special with this web presence.

Please, moderators...Watch the way you police...Don't be too heavy-handed...

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Here, here! Awesome post! 'Couldn't have said it better myself and I would give you "greenies", but it looks like you're filled up from this post!

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Don't post things on the board that can harm the reputation of an LSU player which cannot be verified and your post will not be deleted.

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Looks like one of TE's posts got deleted LOL

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :hihi:

5. TigerEducated

I can very easily verify it...I think that my tenure on this site has proven that I'm not one to go posting specific information about a player...I've never been one to try to "scoop people"...

I have never been one to traffic in the rumor-mongering...

I will allow you that it's damaging...But there are lots of things that are damaging about LSU sports.

The LSU/Houston situation occurred. As much as certain people don't want to admit it, and as much as some people deleted it, it happened. We all know it. If McKay is telling people about it, there's no way this can't be true. McKay's the biggest Brady Homer ever...

The situation I posted about occurred. I'm not about to out friends who trust me...But I also want people to know that the light bulb went off, just when it looks like JaMarcus was at the end of his rope. You can tell he got the message that was sent to him in return for his actions...

I will make another statement:

When did this site require a poster to include a works cited or bibliography page with its posts about information it's found regarding LSU athletes?

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

no actually he is dead-on. there are many credible posts with some newb mods brett has asked to help who are a little power obsessed. many being deleted by them and its out of hand.

none of mine were either.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I don't believe in censorship at all. I read about a Kentucky fan being banned for posting 'junk' in the SMACK forum. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the whole purpose of that foru. I read what he wrote and did not feel he crossed the line. I agree with you TE. Banning someone or deleting a post should always be done as a last resort. It should NEVER be done just because you disagree with what someone has to say or because of your personal feelings towards the poster. I'm not pointing the fingers at any mods because that's the only time I've heard of it being done. I just hope it doesn't become a pattern.

8. TigerEducated

Your powers of deduction are astounding...

[​IMG]

9. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

Interesting!

Moderators job is too keep the peace by...........

Moderating flaming by posters from other schools

Moderating personal attacks on other posters

Moderating attacking an athlete of the message board's school. Anyone else is fair game.

That's the way I always did it.

Plus, I didn't let anyone use the GD word, (using the Lord's name in vain)

Just my two cents.

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

still he probably did get one deleted. or he wouldnt of posted that.
    Don't look at me, I'm not a mod.

I haven't noticed. could be. If they get deleted I dont see them so how would I know? Unless you just happen to catch them before a Mod deletes it.

maybe they're trying to make us mind our manners! LOL not an easy job with this bunch!
    but yeah censorship usually sucks

EDIT: TE get some new pictures, that PICTURE is last century. another thing, make it smaller. your wasting bandwidth.

and why post that pic anyway it doesn't apply. Your post wasnt last week it was new.
    I mearly stated the obvious, true. But I had to laugh at your whining lame a$$ in public. :lol:
    I swear you and Ramah mustbe kin......... mustbe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.