Has Jamarcus Russell's career at LSU been a disappointment?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mrx, Apr 9, 2006.

1. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Dude, I agree that saying his career so far is a disappointment two years into his collegiate tenure at LSU is dumb, but c'mon, man. Probably start in the NFL? That comment may be worse than that of the initial post...

I do not think he will be a good NFL QB. He has zip on his throws and doesn't make a whole lot of mistakes, but there is nothing spectacular here. Marginal abiliteis thus far, other than a rocket arm. He was impressive this last year as a leader, especially after Katrina and it being his sophomore year, but dude, he just looks awkward. You must have some sort of peerless quality to succeed in the NFL. I hope he gets it, but I don't see it.... yet (here's hoping)

Next great pro QB out of LSU? That's not sayin' much... it's been since, who, Bert Jones since LSU had a QB to be proud of in the NFL?

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Well, he is a self described drunk, so don't expect him to make too many enlightening statements.:yelwink2:

3. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

JP Losman....'nuff said. Absolutely no intelligence and not near the skills of JR and he is the Bills starter. Once again, I said entirely based on skills and potential. I didnt even say he would be a good NFL starter right now, just that a team (such as the Bills) would give him a chance based soley on physical abilities. But hey, your inability to read is about to make me piss my pants. Seriously read before you try and contradict me or anybody for that matter.

4. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Losman's stats as a starter:

2002:

230/
    401 2468 57.4% 6.16avg 64lg 19TDs 10INTs 119.71RT

2003:

251/422 3077 59.5% 7.29avg 87lg 33TDS 14INTS 139.89RT

Losman was selected because of ability; he wasn't just dumb. In the NFL he is, but in college he was a pretty decent QB. Losman was drafted after having 33TDs and a 140 Qb rating. JR better look like doubling his numbers if he wants to start right now... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

No team in the NFL would give JR a starting position given his abilities. Not one.

5. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

That forum he's got over there is kickin'.

And all that inside scoop? Wow, who knew the LSU baseball results before heading over to tigertalk...

6. TheDrunkenTiger

I love it when posts get taken out of context. No he is not ready for the NFL and while I might have "jumped the gun" a bit, he is still the only QB LSU that we can say anything NFL related about. There is a reason why Flynn hasnt been iven a chance to play, and theres a reason why Russell is the starter. Alot hinges on this year and his ability to adjust to, what might be, a sub par LSU offensive line (sorry but replacing a four year starter at LT is huge). I hope not, but JR looking not so hot early wont be surprising.

7. TheDrunkenTiger

Right....because I said word for word that he is NFL ready, good job :thumb: .

8. Berge

Berge Founding Member

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Is it even possible for you to disagree with someone without acting like such an immature ass?

10. TheDrunkenTiger

Exactly. I hate when people jump on one tiny part of what is said, distort it, and cling to that point like theres no tomorrow. I NEVER said he is NFL ready. The point I was entirely trying to make was that JR has much more pro skills than Flynn. I like Flynn and I love what he did for us in the Peach Bowl, but one game doesnt mean a thing compared to everything JR has going for him.

LSU fans flaming LSU fans for stating their opinion, what has this world come to?