Hawthorne's championship call CDs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerStagg, Mar 11, 2004.

1. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

So I just got the LSU championship radio call CD’s. It was exciting of course but I’m a little disappointed with the editing in this thing. 0 minutes of pregame, 2 minutes of postgame. A lot of the color commentary was edited out.

So Doug Moreau, tell us about that game winning sack by Lionel Turner.
    Sure Jim, <edit>

I realize it must have been a chore to fit it onto 2 cd’s. They should have made it a 3 cd package, put in the pre and post game, leave the commentary untouched, and done a good job with it rather than sell the butchered version. My opinion.

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I found it a little bit choppy as well. Not what I expected for something so momentous. However, Jim's call of JV's opening run from scrimmage is worth the $14.95 alone...I don't think I've heard ole Jim come that close to wetting his pants
    since Warren Morris hit that dinger.

A word of caution, though...WalMart (where I bought my copy) is putting this CD
    set in among it's DVDs. I picked it up the other night thinking it was the DVD of the Sugar Bowl, only to find out upon further examination that it was AUDIO discs
    I was buying. I bought it anyway to listen to in my car, but buyer beware.

3. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

I agree. I was hoping for the pre- and post- game comments, phone calls, etc. I would have paid more for those added minutes.