Heat Issues - Oregon State

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Aug 16, 2004.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Just read this on beaverblitz.com.. Message board talk so I doubt these will actually be used but interesting nonetheless...

http://oregonstate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1041&mid=38088104&sid=&tid=38088104&style=1
    Wouldn't it be nice if they were carrying around that extra weight tho... :hihi: :rofl:

2. SG_Geaux

SG_Geaux Founding Member

Let them keep kidding themselves. They don't have a clue what they are getting in to.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Uhhh, fellers . . . LSU has been using special rehydration drinks for decades, as well as uniforms well-suited for the semi-tropics. No advantage.

LSU players have lived in this hunidity all summer, most of them for several years or all their lives. We have seen many Yankee teams fly in here on Friday in September with special sideline air conditioners, giant box fans, everything but propeller beanies has been tried. They usually all wilt by halftime and that is during a night game.

The other thing they all try is to play crowd noise very loudly over giant loudspeakers as they practice to get the team used to Tiger Stadium noise. Waste of time and resources, of course.

4. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

I like it when they start swatting at the bugs around the end of the first half or so. You know it's all getting to them then. Everybody bring a blow torch to the game.

5. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

No matter the equipment humidity still takes atleast 1 week to get used to. The Beavs will be in a world of pain Sept. 4

6. ramah

ramah Founding Member

:hihi:

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

They do have some new fangled uniforn that Nike was testing with Oregon and they had to expand the test to OSU to appease the people in the state. May help a tiny bit. Phil what's his name gives Oregon tons of sh!t.

The thing they don't realize is that you could be out in that heat in shorts and a Tee and it is still hotter than hell.

8. DRC

DRC TigerNator

They are gonna fry! I always love seeing teams from up north head into the stiffling heat and humidity of LA and just wilt.

This game stays close until opening day jitters are over with and we win by at least 3 TD's. Lay the number and take the points! :)

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

What visitors just can not comprehend is humidity and the effect it has on the heat index. The whole 90 degrees but feels like 105 thing is hard to overcome even for our own players sometimes!

10. ramah

ramah Founding Member

I wouldn't give a bucket of piss for OSU's chances of overcoming a 100+ heat index during the game ...

that 4th Quarter will be a poor OSU DL's nightmare ... for the rest of his days

I could picture a year 2050 conversation when son little Oregon asks his grandpa ...

What was the toughest game you ever played in, grandpa? ...

Story time is "Tiger" time ... hope the lil' bastid has nightmares ... TOO :hihi: