Hello there Tigers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CarolinaGC03, Sep 20, 2007.

1. CarolinaGC03

CarolinaGC03 Freshman

I will be making my first trek to Tiger Stadium Saturday for our game and hope to have a good time. I've heard the stories about the LSU fans but, like all stories, I only believe it when I see it. The fans on the Virginia Tech board said they all had a great time and I'm looking for the same.

Anyway, I'm hoping some of the rumors I hear about inviting opposing fans to have a bite to eat is true, because I'm looking forward to trying some Cajun delicacies.

I also expect a good game and hopefully our offense can begin clicking so that our defense doesn't have to try to make EVERYTHING happen (like they had to do against Georgia).

So I look forward to possibly meeting some of you Saturday. Not all Gamecock fans are message board spammers (I've seen a few) and the ones I know making the trip are really excited about it.

Here's to a fun time Saturday. Go Gamecocks. :thumb:

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Welcome GC03...Can you tell us a little about your team that we may not already know? For instance...how's the running game been so far this season?

3. CarolinaGC03

CarolinaGC03 Freshman

The running game hasn't been half-bad, two different guys with close to 300 yards rushing each. The passing game is where we're going to have to pick it up on Saturday to have any chance. And a lot of that will depend on the protection that our very inconsistent offensive line provides. To be honest, I really wish the team had a back-up quarterback that could scramble to bring in and switch up the pace, much like they used Syvelle Newton last year.

You going to be at the game?

4. meauxjeaux2

meauxjeaux2 Founding Member

I am very sorry for you that you have to come to a game with a 2:30 kickoff.You won't experience anything like a night time kick-off would provide.

5. CarolinaGC03

CarolinaGC03 Freshman

Yeah, I've heard there's nothing like night games at Tiger Stadium. I just hope it doesn't rain. :nope:

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

it never rains in Tiger Stadium..........

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Welcome to Baton Rouge and ignore the false rumors from Auburn. If you come looking for a good time, you will find it. Those that come looking for trouble can find it too. I suggest looking for a good time.

Nobody, I mean nobody, tailgates like LSU. Hope for dry weather, rain complicates everyone's Saturday.

You will hear the TIGERBAIT taunt about 700 times. Don't sweat it, it's meant as a friendly taunt, Rivals with some swagger will just smile and give a counter-taunt back. "Roll Tide", "Boomer Sooner", etc. Barners tend to cry and get their little feelings hurt.

8. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Welcome to the forum. There will be plenty of Cajun food for you to try, and it never rains in Tiger Stadium. I hope your first visit to Tiger Stadium is enjoyable, except for the game of course.:hihi:

9. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

I always wonder if we're so bad then why do we constantly sell out of our opposing team's tickets (non conf the exception)? When at least 100,000 people gather together before a game you're bound to get some losers.
    If USC shows up with the same amount of good humor and class that V Tech did y'all will be good to go! :thumb:

Enjoy the game and Bienvenue en Louisiane!

:geauxtige

10. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

Actually Barners usually respond with some sort of stupid stuff, like you smell like corn dogs!!:dis: