Henry Orelus

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by lsulon1, Apr 8, 2008.

1. lsulon1

lsulon1 Freshman

I've watched a film on him and I'm confused. It was very unimpressive, whats going on? If anyone has some film of him please post it. Perhaps coach Miles is just getting a foothole at his school in Florida. :huh:

1 person likes this.
  2. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

Henry Orelus is one of the top OL prospects in FL. He'll end up being a high 3* or a 4*. And Miles and staff already have proven they can recruit FL quite well for an OOS school.

3. jreed999

jreed999 Founding Member

Not knocking the guy, but why offer him if he is only a 3 or 4 star player from Florida, a state traditionally deep with talent. Can't we find high 4 or even 5 star OL recruits? Don't these guys want to come play for a big time program like modern day LSU?

Not that the star ranking means everything, but it's all I can go by since I haven't seen these players. Seems to me we would attract the cream of the crop on OLine as well as everywhere else.

4. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

In case you dont know a lot of big time college talent are, "under the radar," 3 star players.

Hester **
    C Jackson ***
    T Jackson ***

Laurinaitis ***
    Posluzsny ***
    numerous others

Nuff said. Its great to bring in all the decorated kids but there are a lot of very good players who get low grades. Im sure Miles and staff might see a lot of underdeveloped talent in Orelus.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

We need to consider Orelus a soft commit, as he doesn't sound very firm in his recent Rivals interview & Sonny doesn't feel great about him sticking.

It's unfortunate because I'm very high on him & think he'll be a great gaurd.

6. Lukky Lou

Lukky Lou Founding Member

This is one I'm still shaking my head on. Orelus is listed as a center/guard. He has never camped at LSU, and he gets an offer. Orelus at 6'3"-285-5.5 - That's SEC slow, any way you go! This guy is a Project. We got Carneal Ainsworth and Pat Edwards of ESJ flying under radar, and we go after this guy. The picture is fuzzy, and all is not what it seems. Add in the comments and Orelus' Miami interest and i don't think we sign him in the end. We're good at Center and there are too many better guards. The "school" theory sounds plausible and perhaps LSU wants that foot in the door. i dunno here.:huh:

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Orelus is like 6'6" now, and he camped at LSU last year. He's going to be an awesome guard.

I really hope he stays a part of our class.

8. Gregatron

Gregatron Founding Member

I don't get why so many people are so hung up on stars. Rivals and Scout are not the Gospel. If we land a player a for-pay service ranks as 2* or 3* chances are the kid in underrated, not they we are going after a risky "project" or are somehow making a poor choice.

In short, I trust LSU coaches' evalution of players a HELL of a lot more than Rivals or Scout.

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

What exactly IS SEC speed for a center or offensive guard??:huh:

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

You know, just in case we want to call the Fumble-rooskie.:hihi: