Here is some inside info

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigerskin, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

from a poster on another board. Yes, you have heard "insider" before but this guy is.Always posts legit stuff.

I will tell you all what I know as of 5:00 PM today............... Reply
    I spoke with a coaching staff member today at around 1:30 PM or so. He did not know what was going to happen, but he told me that the staff is usually last to find out. They were to havea bolw game meeting at 2:00 PM, if I am correct.

Contrary to what was posted late last night, Saban is the #1, #2, and #3 choice of Huizinga. The NFL minority stuff is a formality. And the fine is only $250,000, so tht is chump change to Miami. That being said, Don Shula is a straight up guy, and they will go through the motions. Saban will report directly to Shula, which is interesting being that his son is at Bama.

Skip was notified as soon as he could be by Saban about the meeting. There is all the stuff JAN posted about in regards to minorities, $$$$, and control, but unless Terri Saban pulls the plug as she did with the Bears, this thing is going down.

Once the press got wind of it, Saban and SKip agreed on a press release to control things a bit, and also to give Skip some time to get his **** togther and begin his search. By that I mean candidates, agents, etc., that will be called asap when Saban and the Dolphins announce their new hire. He likes SKip, and wants him to do well and for LSU to continue to do well.

Some here think my earlier posts today were of a "get rid of Nick" nature. Far from it, my friends; I am sick over this. But we will need to rally and move quickly. This class is very important for LSU. We have some position needs that are crucial. I want a proven HC, and one that will stay for awhile.

Nick did us well. But LSU football is my concern now; not the DOlphins or Nick Saban.

I know of nothing that would keep Nick at LSU now, but stranger things have happened. Huizinga is offering the farm, folks, and that means player control. Huizinga knows Saban is just phenominal.

As to lacour's post way back, yes, I am surprised he is going to the 'Fins. I lived in FL for 8 years, and he and his wife in Miami does not fit to me. Maybe the family stays in BR. (What a way for your daughter to go through HS.....) But 6mil and control over a premier organization is a life time deal......IF you want the NFL and are willing to move your wife and kids at any time, which he is.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

boring

3. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

This one is from a different poster.

What Saban said to players Reply
    Someone may have already posted this, if so sorry.
    He said he wanted to be a man about it and tell the players up front that he is talking to Miami. Said sometimes you have to do what is best for your family. Said nothing is done yet.

The players feel he is gone, they said this isn't like last year with Bears. First of all he never called the team together to tell them he was talking to anyone.
    The players think he is taking Muschamp, Dooley and Moffitt with him.
    Saban and Butch Davis have same agent, Jimmy Sexton, and that Butch will take the job at LSU

I don't think the"same agent" part is right.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

If this turns out to be true, at least we have a good coach waiting in the background this time around but I'm not throwing in the towel just yet.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

f*ck that....he cant have muschamp. what the f*ck does that leave us with in terms of defensive strategists?

6. Capt Fun

Capt Fun Founding Member

I would be alot more upset about losing Moffitt. He has been incredible for this program.