Here's to our Honey Badger continued success this season!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsuforever, Aug 8, 2012.

1. lsuforever

lsuforever Founding Member

2. Jester

Jester Founding Member

.............crickets..............

3. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Look, I appreciate all Tyran overcame as much as anyone, but he's gotten some really great oppurtunities because of his athletic ability the last 2 years. He made a bad decsion (not a mistake) and he has to live with the consequences.

And he let his teammates down. I hope he recovers, we all make bad decisons, but the consequences are his own doing.

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

You can take the boy out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the boy.

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

RGIII did OK and he's from essentially the same neighborhood.

6. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I too wish TM well. May the harder road to success he now faces mold him into a stronger man.

7. stevescookin

I will wish him the best. I will pray for his conversion. But I'm glad he's gone...and I hope some deserving walk on gets to wear #7.

Otherwise the missing #7 will become some sort of tribute to a self serving idiot who put himself above the team....numerous times.

col reb likes this.
  8. lsuforever

lsuforever Founding Member

I still like the kid. It's never easy to leave behind a turbulent past. I grew up outside the largest slums in Asia and have had experienced personally what a child/adolescent has to pass thru and make it successfully on the right path. Too many role models and parental guidance is necessary round the clock. A few make it and most fall right back into the pit. if any of you have personally agonized at the experience of losing a close person to the streets, then this would completely
    make sense.

Yes, CLM made a good call in my opinion and I respect that. Tyrann IS NOT LSU but I can only hope that LSU stays within him and he has the willingness to become a better human being. I trust our coach to help him thru some transitionary guidance but he has a job to do as well. Our coach is a good man, a very good human being and hopefully Tyrann takes whatever advise he will leave him with. Good luck Tyrann and Geaux Tigers! We will move on.

lsudolemite likes this.
  9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Not even close. RGIII was born on a military base and his parent were staff sargents in the army, he was raised in a miltiary family,,,,,, He was born in Japan in Okinawa.....
    He did live in NO for a brief time, live in Fort Lewis, and finally Texas..

Tm7s dad is serving time for murder.... Has an absentee mother aand was raised by his aunt

Just a slight diffenernce I upbringing...

stevescookin and 4EvrLSU like this.
  10. stevescookin

You're right about that....world of difference, but Tyrann had a real opportunity to overcome this through his relationship with Miles-a good father figure and he squandered it.

I believe Miles will still be there as a father figure for him no matter where he plays this season.

(RGIII had plenty of opportunity to enter the drug world, despite his parents. Lots of druggies come from good families....I did.)