Hester and the OL

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JP4LSU, Sep 24, 2007.

1. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

Anybody notice that Hester can get 3-4 yards out of nothing. Nobody at LSU can do this. If KW runs up the middle and the hole closes up, he gets nothing, but Hester gets 4 yards out of it. I've never seen anything like it. I think Scott could probably do it also, but Hester is a stud. He is a little short but he could be an effective FB in the NFL.

We always talk about the good plays, but if we didn't have Hester up the middle, we would have made a lot fewer first downs. He is almost guaranteed 4 yds running up the middle.

The OL did their job tonight. I want to send kudos to them also.

1 person likes this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

The OL seems to be a lot better than I thought they'd be. Hester is simply awesome.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

It would appear to me that the offensive line has more do do with Hester's success than he does. There are some huge holes for him to run through. Only problem is that he seems to run outta gas after about six to eight yards. ;)

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

He ain't much of a juker.

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

There is a reason he was named the starter at the beginning of the season.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

He is by far the best blocker out of the group of running backs.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Hester hits the hole hard, he always falls forward, and he never fumbles. That's why Miles loves him.

After all the preseason talk of Charles Scott I'm suprised at how little we've seen of him so far this season. It looks like Richard Murphy is climbing the depth chart. Keiland didn't have his best day on Saturday.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i posted this in some other thread, but i think hester is LSU's worse back when the OL is opening holes like last game. i would have love to see what murphy wouldve done with some of those.

i think hester has a good shot at nfl fb

9. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

This quality Hester has of getting a handful of yards out of a run that looks like it's going nowhere is a LEARNED skill. Feel around the barrier until you find the hole. (That's right, I said it). Hopefully, the younger backs will get there soon.

1 person likes this.
  10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Hester is a senior and he's learned how to follow his blockers. Williams still hits the line where the hole is supposed to be instead of following the big guys. Sometimes you have to not hit the line so quickly to do this. Hester also has the experience of being a fullback, so he knows blocking schemes better than the average tailback.