Hillary's E-Mail (Breaking News: Smoking Gun Officially Announced)

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Which is the apathy that has us in the situation with our no longer representatives in the first place.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You are right. They care more about Mike Brown.

Bengal B likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Hillary was the leading candidate for the Democratic nomination in 2006, did you forget? http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/13/AR2006121301593.html

He wrote a book about Hillary! Not about his experience in Washington. And did you notice that it was self-published! Xlibris Corporation is a vanity press! He could not get one established publisher to take it on.

[​IMG]

Thanks, I needed a good laugh today. When Hillary writes a memoir from her diary, will you give it similar credence? Other people have investigated the Nixon resignation, you know. And they have drawn different conclusions.

According to Zeifman and other documents, Doar directed Hillary to work with a group of Yale law professors on this project. But the report they generated was never given to the committee. Zeifman believes the reason was that the report was little more than a whitewash of the Kennedy years – a part of the Burke Marshall-led agenda of avoiding revelations during the Watergate investigation that would have embarrassed the Kennedys.

The fact that the report was kept under wraps upset Republican committee member Charles Wiggins of California, who wrote a memo to his colleagues on the committee that read in part:

"Within the past few days, some disturbing information has come to my attention. It is requested that the facts concerning the matter be investigated and a report be made to the full committee as it concerns us all.

Early last spring when it became obvious that the committee was considering presidential "abuse of power" as a possible ground of impeachment, I raised the question before the full committee that research should be undertaken so as to furnish a standard against which to test the alleged abusive conduct of Richard Nixon.

As I recall, several other members joined with me in this request. I recall as well repeating this request from time to time during the course of our investigation. The staff, as I recall, was noncommittal, but it is certain that no such staff study was made available to the members at any time for their use."
    Wiggins believed the report was purposely hidden from committee members. Chairman Rodino denied this, and said the reason Hillary’s report was not given to committee members was that it contained no value. It’s worth noting, of course, that the staff member who made this judgment was John Doar.

In a four-page reply to Wiggins, Rodino wrote in part:

"Hillary Rodham of the impeachment inquiry staff coordinated the work. . . . After the staff received the report it was reviewed by Ms. Rodham, briefly by Mr. Labovitz and Mr. Sack, and by Doar. The staff did not think the manuscript was useful in its present form. . . .

In your letter you suggest that members of the staff may have intentionally suppressed the report during the course of its investigation. That was not the case. As a matter of fact, Mr. Doar was more concerned that any highlight of the project might prejudice the case against President Nixon. The fact is that the staff did not think the material was usable by the committee in its existing form and had not had time to modify it so it would have practical utility for the members of the committee. I was informed and agreed with the judgment."
    Mr. Labovitz, by the way, was John Labovitz, another member of the Democratic staff. I spoke with Labovitz this past Friday as well, and he is no fan of Jerry Zeifman.

“If it’s according to Zeifman, it’s inaccurate from my perspective,” Labovitz said. He bases that statement on a recollection that Zeifman did not actually work on the impeachment inquiry staff, although that is contradicted not only by Zeifman but Polk as well.

Labovitz said he has no knowledge of Hillary having taken any files, and defended her no-right-to-counsel memo on the grounds that, if she was assigned to write a memo arguing a point of view, she was merely following orders.

But as both Zeifman and Polk point out, that doesn’t mean ignoring background of which you are aware, or worse, as Zeifman alleges, confiscating documents that disprove your argument.

All told, Polk recalls the actions of Hillary, Doar and Nussbaum as more amateurish than anything else.
    Neither does Zeifman!

OK, tell me who besides yourself and Zeifman thinks this matter has any relevance at all. It has been out for nine years and has created no waves at all. Hillary critics are desperate to find things to hang on her and this is the best that can come up with? I say nobody cares.

They are not separated from the conclusions that you jump to.

I am not the one making an allegation here. I'm the one shooting it down.

4. red55

Go back to school, Scooter. Maybe someday you can participate in a political debate.

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Have you watched any college basketball this year? Do you know who's playing Thursday night in Pittsburgh?

6. red55

Do you remember what forum you are in, Grandpa?

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I do. The one you spend 99% of your time in. Thus, the questions were posed here.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

If they couldn't nab Bill, I guess they think they can get her.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

And apparently for good reason. After all, the woman wants to hold the most powerful office in the world.

" Hillary Clinton says she turned over to the State Department “all” of the emails from her private email account related to her work as Secretary of State. And State has reassured Congress that it turned over “every” Clinton email demanded as part of the House investigation into the Benghazi attack. This must depend on the definition of “all” and “every.”

The House Select Committee on Benghazi recently sent subpoenas to Sidney Blumenthal, the longtime Clinton political hit man who was in steady contact with Mrs. Clinton (via her private email) while she was the top U.S. diplomat. Emails show Mr. Blumenthal was advising two U.S. companies seeking Libyan contracts at the same time he was secretly advising Secretary of State Clinton about Libya. Mr. Blumenthal’s attorney says his client had no financial interest in the two companies—though no one is denying that the friends of Mr. Blumenthal who ran the companies were looking for business.

So imagine Congress’s surprise on Friday when Mr. Blumenthal responded to a subpoena by turning over 60 more Libya-related communications with Mrs. Clinton—some 120 pages. Politico reports that Members of Congress still aren’t sure whether Mrs. Clinton failed to give the emails to State, or State failed to give the emails to Congress, which is likely to release the new emails in the coming days."

Bill and Hillary really are very much alike. Definitions with them seem to shift with the wind.
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/sid-blumenthals-email-discovery-1434583244

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.