Hilliard: Take it for what its worth...

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by locoguano, Nov 26, 2010.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Talk to my Hilliard "source" again.

"Is Hilliard still looking elsewhere?"
    "No. Not anymore."
    "Why?"
    "Two words. Jeremy Hill."

Apparently Hilliard took the early embarrassment by Redemptrist to heart. He got into better shape and promised that if Patterson met up with them in the playoffs that he would be the star. He also began to insist that he played more defense. He wanted to go head to head with Hill (from teh LB spot).

Apparently this need to show that he is better is actually pushing him more toward LSU, because he wants to go in and beat Hill out for the starting job at LSU.

Again, take it for what its worth..

2. locoguano

Oh.. and his ankle is a lot worse than it shows. If he is an early enrollee, I would not bet on seeing him in the spring game.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

He and Hill are friends. There was an article this week where he said they talk or text a couple times a week.

4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I have no idea what this thread is about. When has anyone credible said Hilliard was waffling? Maybe I missed that. Hill was a topic for a short period. But that's been dead a long time as well.

What are you trying to get at, crazybatchit?

5. locoguano

I had posted before with info from the same person that said that Hilliard was not as solid as it appeared and that he was looking really hard at the West Coast. (For which I was flamed relentlessly). This was back in September I believe, but I don't see the thread anymore. I asked the same person this week and he gave new info...

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Honestly, I wouldn't listen to that source. Not flaming but Hilliard is not someone we have ever really had to worry about. Hill and Hilliard are close and have a great relationship. This isn't the 1st time Hilliard has played on D and he wanted to help his team win in any way possible. I have multiple sources close to Hilliard saying the exact same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if he took a visit or two to get out and experience some of the recruiting process according to a few sources but that is all. He talked with Miles about this possibility along with all the other early commits we had commit early. Miles agreed that they should go out and experience the process if they felt the need.

He will have to do it soon because his goal is to enroll early and that is coming very soon.

7. LSUFan1950

LSUFan1950 Founding Member

I think young Mr. Hilliard is LSU, just because of the name.