HOA tells Medal of Honor recipient to take down his flag.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Krypto, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

wait what??? So you are calling a Medal of Honor winner a fraud? Or are you saying that all Vietnam vets are frauds.

The guy fought in all 3 wars. Do some research before you make a stupid ass statement like that.

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

just gonna guess that he assumed it was a mistake by the writer of the article.
    and not a shot at the Soldier (or any other vets).

The time gap between WWI and Vietnam is large enough for people to assume not many people saw action in both wars. Or at least that would have been my guess before hearing about this guy.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

however, it is entirely possible, especially for career military during that time period.

Van T. Barfoot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the wiki entry has specifics on his medal of honor.

4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

definitely possible, just that a 1st glance, it doesn't seem so.

at least in my experience, both of my grandfathers (and the grandfathers of most of my friends) served in WWII.

the sons of those men served in Vietnam.

I know an old man who fought in WWII, and was still in the military during Vietnam, but he had moved up the chain, and was no longer in combat.
    I would guess that happens more often than men actually on the ground fightin in both wars.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There were a lot of WWII vets that served in Vietnam, 20 years ain't that big of a time span. In fact, nearly every "lifer" that was Major (O-4) or above, or a senior NCO ... normally E-7 and above ... were WWII veterans.

Even Jimmy Stewart, who was a bird Colonel and a group commander in WWII. He flew B-52 missions over Vietnam as a Brigadier General in the reserves.

6. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

I didn't really read anything in this thread except the story of how the dude got the MoH. That dude is a beast. I'd hate to be the person to have to tell the guy to take his flag down...even if he is like 100 now. It's so ridiculous it sounds fake. Let the old man fly his flag. If that story is true, I think he's earned it.