HOF Darren Sharper

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I think that Sharper was already in the HOF before putting on a Saints jersey BUT if Sharper finishes his career with the Saints which is what I see happening.....which jersey does he wear going into the HOF?????

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Sharper is definitely solidifying his HoF credentials this season, much like Rod Woodson did late in his career with the Ravens. As for the team issue, NFL doesn't identify players it inducts with any one team. That's an issue they deal with in major league baseball, because the plaque shows the image of a player wearing a ball cap. The football enshrinement features a bust of the player; no team identified. All teams identified on the accompanying plaque listing his accomplishments.

The "which team will he go in with?" question is a misconception brought on by conversations we've heard, where people like to point out that while there are former Saints in the Hall, none have been selected based on his accomplishment with the Saints. Morton Anderson, and hopefully, Rickey Jackson and Sam Mills, will change that in the near future.

1 person likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If he gets a ring in New Orleans i would think he would retire a Saint.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I hope so. He's still playing at an All-Pro level, and when age catches up, I want to see him tutoring Usama Young and Malcolm Jenkins. But if he never plays another down and makes the HoF, his plaque will read, "Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, New Orleans Saints."

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He is WAY out in front for NFL Defensive MVP.

He just has to pad his stats a little (3 or 4 more picks and maybe one more huge TD return against someone like Atlanta or the Patriots to help win the game), and then he will be a slam dunk.