HOF LSU Coach Charlie McClendon: disappointment or not?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JohnLSU, Oct 22, 2009.

?

Charles McClendon:

1. disappointment to LSU

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. made LSU proud

61 vote(s)
    96.8%
  1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Fruit salad ties in nicely with this thread. :wave:

1 person likes this.
  2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i have friends who support miles 100% and i have friends who think hes a doofus. both sides have points to their arguments. and we have logical and rational discussions. just differing of opinions on some things and some points.

the thing is, i believe both sides have a right to their opinions. i dont believe the whole world has to agree with me. i dont believe im a "better fan" than people on the opposite side of the fence from me.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

niiiice. on that note, i need to go get take out for dinner. :hihi:

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

And this is having a logical and rational discussion to you:

Get real.

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

First, I haven't read one post on this board where anybody has called CLM a zero. Second you must not have been watching much college sports back then, the only teams televised were UCS, UM, Bama, ND, and a few others. Also, the media and the Internet were non existent back then for fans to know what we have access to now.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

John, you could have gone about discussing this in a manner that does not involve disrespecting one of the most treasured coaches in LSU history. I wish that I could have gone and seen some of Cholly Mac's teams play back then. I definitely appreciate Coach Miles and all that he stands for. Proud to have him as a tiger. To tarnish a LSU legend while trying to bolster Miles is simply despicable.

Your act has long been tired and stale. You're either posting the same tired diatribes over and over or posting random pictures in threads that you disagree with.

You, sir, are one that I am certainly NOT proud to call a fellow tiger fan.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Ditto

8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Radio has been everywhere since the 1920's. How do you think people like Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Joe DiMaggio, and Mickey Mantle became so famous across the USA?

The telephone was invented in 1876. The telegraph was around before that. Newpapers have been around since the creation of the USA. The Baton Rouge Advocate has been printed daily in Baton Rouge since 1889. The AP Poll started in 1934 and the Coaches Poll started during the 1950-1951 season. TV was commercially available since the late 1930s.

During those four years I'm taking about, '58-'61, LSU was on NBC four times and on ABC two times.
    http://www.lsusports.net/src/data/lsu/assets/docs/fb/pdf/08guide142-193.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=5200

9. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

So Miles is such a loser to you that it is disrespectful to compare him to Coach Mac? That makes zero sense. Both are LSU coaches, are they not? And how do you know you'd truly have appreciated Coach Mac if you never saw his teams play? Would that surprise you if you were whining about Coach Mac back then just like you may or may not be whining about Coach Miles now?

10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Bravo. :thumb: