Home schedule next year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DEFENSE, Oct 30, 2003.

1. DEFENSE

DEFENSE Founding Member

Many season ticket holders aren't to happy about the raised ticket prices and I would not be either if the home schedule didn't have a primtime game. I've talked to alot of people and many of them aren't renewing their tickets b/c of the weak home games.

09/04/04 TBA TBA TBA --
    09/11/04 Houston Baton Rouge, La.
    Tiger Stadium TBA --
    09/18/04 Auburn Auburn, Ala. TBA --
    10/02/04 Georgia Athens, Ga. TBA --
    10/09/04 Florida Gainesville, Fla. TBA --
    10/16/04 Mississippi St. Baton Rouge, La. TBA --
    10/23/04 Troy State Baton Rouge, La.
    Tiger Stadium TBA --
    10/30/04 Vanderbilt Baton Rouge, La. TBA --
    11/13/04 Alabama Baton Rouge, La. TBA --
    11/20/04 Ole Miss Baton Rouge, La. TBA --
    11/27/04 Arkansas Fayetteville/Little Rock, Ark. TBA --

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Give me a break!

First off, if they don't like the ticket prices they can always go watch ULL or SLU ... those tickets are much cheaper and they can sit on the 50 yardline.

Secondly, LSU does not control its SEC home schedule. And we can't control teams like VaTech backing out.

I sure hope I can find one of these ticketholders who are willing to transfer their 50 yardline seats to me!

3. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Oh well -- frees up more seats for the people who want tickets. :)

4. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

If you guys are such big fans, why didn't you get tickets when I did, 10 years ago, when we were losing to S. miss.? You could pick your seat in the south end zone.

5. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Maybe because I was.... 14!!!! :)

6. tigerintn

tigerintn Founding Member

If we finish strong, there is a good chance that a good school may want that open date.

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Even during those lean years, sideline tickets were hard to come by. Anyone can get endzone tickets ... I want seats between the 40s!

8. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

So....

LSU asked VT to pull out because they wanted to stick it to LSU fans paying more money for season tickets?

LSU asked Marshall to pull out because they wanted to put the screws to LSU fans being asked to pay more money for their seats?

LSU's previous administration is responsible for the wording in those current contracts, so holding the current administration in the AD responsible for the mistakes of the Dean Era wonks is truly holding the LSU AD responsible for, "mistakes of the father"...

To be honest though, LSU is a victim of its own success. LSU was going to lay a BEATDOWN on VT next year, and everyone knew it. Beamer knew it. Saban knew it. Trev Alberts even knew it (though he'd never say it out loud). They backed out because they were SCARED.

Same thing with Marshall. We would have made them feel like the female lead in Ron Jeremy's next adult entertainment production. They backed out out of fear of our success, and fear of being embarassed in a made for TV out of conference matchup that would do more harm than good if they got pasted-which they would-on National TV.

If you can't use common sense and put 2+2 together to make 4, drop me an e-mail, and forward me e-mail address ([email protected]) to the "alot of people" you've talked to who aren't renewing.

Under the new plan, they can make a one-time transfer of tickets to anyone they wish, and I'll take out a frickin loan to get their seats.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Obviously, since the '03 season features a plethora of classic, strong SEC match-ups in Tiger Stadium, it would mean that '04 would not boast as impressive of a home schedule.

Such fair-weather fans need to "get over it," and realize that's the way it goes.

If I was still in Baton Rouge, I'd have the tickets regardless. Most weekend entertainment is expensive, and Tiger Stadium ranks up there with the best of the entertainment venues.

10. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

As you so graciously pointed out in another thread, you are making an argument that isn't there.

No one said LSU was TO BLAME for Va Tech backing out. He just said the home schedule sucks. Which is true. Regardless of how it happened, the schedule is still a bad one.