How Can Guys be So Stupid?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Proud Tiger, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

Former Auburn LB Lemarkus Rowell was arrested last night in Auburn and charged with possession of MJ. This guy is a former Parade All American from nearby Opelika, AL who signed with Auburn out of H.S. He would have started as a soph but got in trouble and left the team of his own accord. He later asked for a second chance and Tubs gave it to him. But Rowell got in trouble again and Tubs kicked him off permanently. He was now going to play at Jacksonville (AL) State but he has probably blown that. What is it with these guys like him, Banks at Tenn., etc. They get second chances and still blow it. Do they just think they are above it all?

2. LSUDAN

LSUDAN Founding Member

It all goes back to the OJs and Kobe Bryants of the world. These kids believe they will never get in trouble because OJ gets away with murder and I bet Kobe Bryant is found innocent of rape. Until some of these high profile professional athletes have to start paying the price for their crime than you better get use to this.

3. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

It's all in the raisin'.......

While there are many examples over the years and no program seems immune to the problem, a couple come immediately to mind. Cecil Collins. Joe Gilliam. What a waste. :cry:

4. Shadeauxcaster

Shadeauxcaster Founding Member

I can tell you part of it, They never think they are going to get Caught! Sometimes it is because they have been allowed to lie without being called on it their whole lives, and sometimes in spite of every effort of loving families to raise them right they still do it. Go Figure.

I have developed a simple formula from a lifetime of observation that serves me well.

It seems that out of about every 10 people you encounter, 1 will be a complete idiot. Another 1 will be a complete *******. The other 8 will generally be sane, reasonably considerate folks.

If you take this into account, you will not be surprised when you encounter either the idiot or the *******, because you already knew that he was sure to be there.

5. sparkafatty

sparkafatty Founding Member

and what if he is..does that mean it is a sham.. kobe is going thru the judicial process we have in place in this country. if he is found innocent why would it mean he is actually guilty and got away with something??

6. BB

BB Founding Member

Kobe is a loyal husband and a team player. Innocent or not, he is a fantastic role model for young athletes who hope to be selfish, whiny and disloyal. The point is, if we don't stop telling and showing kids that all they need is a jump shot, a good 40 time or a nasty curve ball they will never aspire to more. It comes down to character. Talent doesn't father character. If a kid is told by everyone around him that his physical abilities are all he needs in order to punch his ticket he will never be inclined to develop his mind or polish his character.

7. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

What's the deal with these boys from Opelika. That is where Oliver is from also.

8. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Uh, you might rethink this part of your post.

9. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

I know that I, and I think I can speak for Sparkafatty :thumb: , absolutely condemn anyone that possesses marijuana. I say we give him the chair. zero tolerance.

Not saying that he does, but after all, we can't take the chance of allowing the same idiots who carry handguns to smoke weed, that would be dangerous. :shock:

10. BB

BB Founding Member

Uh, sarcasm...