How does everyone feel about the POTUS

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Feb 8, 2013.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

And so it has been for centuries.

Blame the GOP.

Untrue on both accounts.

And so it has been for decades.

Biggest recession ever.

Untrue.

How has the military been gutted? This is another lie.

Damn straight. Ended the Iraq war, stepped up the war against Al Qaeda, killed Osama bin Ladin, ended recession in 9 months, GDP is up, employment is up, the stock market is up, foreign trade is up, Korea and Iran are isolated.

2. red55

You are a dangerous lunatic.

3. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

You had to love W red.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

As much as I disagree with some of Obama's policies, I have never seen a president get such a bad rap like he does. I'd hate to see how alot of you would react if a real progressive took the Oval Office.

5. red55

There were things I liked about Dubya. He's a likeable feller, I'd like to drink some beers with him. I also thought he was sincere, just misguided, and not really bright enough for the job. He really wasn't competent to be President and got a lot of bad advice from the neo-cons, especially Darth Cheney. He started to realize this, after it was too late.

But I never hated him like you hate Obama. I certainly didn't wish him dead like you do. The Secret Service probably have a file on you already.

6. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

I know NIS has one on me. With all the wiretapping I probably am showing up on FBI and SS radar. Don't worry though, I'll never tell them your the ringleader boss.

I think W's biggest flaw was the media was against him. Obama is the opposite, media loves him. Big difference. The media can make people perceive you as evil or good as they want you to be seen. George Zimmerman is a good example. They choose what and what not to print.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

I agree with gyver for once. Most mainstream media loves Obama.

8. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I am totally for implementing a system of checks and balances. I do not like the idea of the President, whomever he or she may be, having the sole decision making power as it pertains to who gets killed and who doesn't. Like you, I am not against the drone program but rather the execution of it. I believe that the drone program, when adequately overseen, is a different beast altogether from waterboarding, which is torture. I should say that this is my opinion, obviously, as no legal decisions have been rendered to my knowledge.

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Nice surrender Red. I accept and will let you keep your sword. :p

10. red55

It isn't a surrender, Gilligan, it is pure disgust at an ungodly mess of a post. Make your point in some short posts that you are smart enough to figure out and I'll be glad to demolish them.